The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got a remington 11-87 back in late fall for predator hunting and i wanna use it for spring season. i was just wondering what for shot you guys shoot out of yours, what choke, what's your range with it. I have a bone collector choke i think its a .670 also i have the Remington extra full turkey choke that i shot out of my 870. thanks guys!

·
Registered
819 Posts
check out the post 'sighted in my Nikon TurkeyPro' .. thats 37YDS w a 3" Hevishot #5 out of my 11-87 with Rhino and Indian Creek chokes

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Bought my wife a .20 guage 11-87 youth model a few years ago. It patterns beautifully at 30 yards with an Undertaker choke tube and Winchester Supreme Double X Magnum 3" 1.25oz #5's.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
I use a Hastings .640 and 3" Winchester high velocity 6's. Will kill them at 40 yards all day long but I shoot most of mine at 30 or less.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Smtn10pt said:
I use a Hastings .640 and 3" Winchester high velocity 6's. Will kill them at 40 yards all day long but I shoot most of mine at 30 or less.
Dead on. I've been shooting this exact combo of choke and loads/shells for 15 years. The vast majority of my kills each year are inside 25 yds, but I have tagged a few out at 40-43 yds. Those particular birds fooled me on distance and I thought they were closer. Those 6's put 'em right down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts