The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
40 degrees here in west central illinois, 20 degrees cooler than yesterday. NE wind, don't like that but I can stay where I was yesterday which is good. Hoping this cooler weather gets them up and moving better than yesterday. 16 here in camp, no shots fired, I was the only one who really had a good day. Cloudy today, I like that.

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
6 bucks today, all before 9 am. One buck about 135, the rest smaller, again all in bow range. An adult doe accompanied by 5 fawns, I'm guessing a couple of their moms are locked up with bucks. Mebey by tomorrow things will shake loose. Did see a nice mink in the creek near my stand. NW wind tomorrow, I might move to the other side of the creek, I saw what I think is a perfect tree over there.

Still slow overall. One buck killed a 143" nine point, young man's first buck.馃憤

Registered
Procision Arms 6.5 Creedmore and Procision Arms OH-600
6 bucks today, all before 9 am. One buck about 135, the rest smaller, again all in bow range. An adult doe accompanied by 5 fawns, I'm guessing a couple of their moms are locked up with bucks. Mebey by tomorrow things will shake loose. Did see a nice mink in the creek near my stand. NW wind tomorrow, I might move to the other side of the creek, I saw what I think is a perfect tree over there.

Still slow overall. One buck killed a 143" nine point, young man's first buck.馃憤

Congrats to the young man!
Hope you get a crack at a good one and are healing nicely.
Thank you for the help over the years. Did you get truck finished? -Deer Archer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts