The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SRA extension time. Heading out in a few for doe. I have been reading about plenty of action this week on here. Hoping to see some big bucks for next year's crop.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
I have a couple spots to hunt in 2B and I may get out this afternoon. If not I'm off Thanksgiving Day and the day after and will get then. I might go for a walk tomorrow on Sunday to scout the one area in 2B to see what's out there.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Good luck to everyone out in the last week for sra. Really happy that it’s only 1 week and not 2 anymore for the majority of bowhunters.

I’ve never bowhunted past the 20th or so even with an unfilled buck tag. Back to work, family time, or bear season. I know there will always be some bucks still on that last grind though.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Seeing doe families unchased here in NY and saw a bachelor group of 3 buck this morning. Slowed way down up around here at least

·
Registered
330 Posts
Had one run by while setting up stand, nothing since then. My friend who is hunting the same park as me is covered up in deer. Jumped 4 on way in, has some bucks fighting 40yds away and a few grunts. I might have to try a new spot soon. Just texted and said he has heard 4 rounds of fighting. Good luck everyone

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I watched 10 doe this afternoon, some bedded within 50 yrds of my tree and not one buck was there to bother them. I got a picture of a few daylight bucks today up here but no big ones. It is drying up fast, back to finding food I suppose.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Today was a good day. Went into the stand about 1:30. Sat until dark. Had a barely legal six come to the stand about 10 minutes after getting in it. Saw 5 different buck and 18 doe in the adjoining fields opposite my stand. Only the six point offered a shot from the stand but it was not the right deer for today.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Ended up seeing nothing, back at it the next week, found out the park im hunting stays open from opening day until December 12th, with no gun season close. It closes from the 13th to the 25th of december and then opens back up for the last month. I'm pumped about that, which means I have a lot more time to put a deer on the ground.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I didn't get out today do to a broken and leaking washing machine, It's on 2nd floor or it would have waited till tomorrow . But about 2 , I took a break to get some air and do a little work at the property I hunt . ( old historic land ) and i pitch in on maintenance . Took a ride on the little tractor up through area where some of my stands are. Blows me away every time. On a tractor or with leaf blower , jeans and flannel these suburban deer are content and un-alarmed. In camo forget it . Literally drove within 15 yards of a great up and coming 6 point, plus several does. I'm thinking next time out, I'm gonna have to drive the tractor them 200 yards instead of walk lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts