The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Buddy of mine just put an arrow thru one he was chasing. Happy as heck for him, he's been grinding away and it paid off.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Strange week for me never saw a single doe all week and today had a bachelor group of three bucks come by like they were buddies.

·
Registered
957 Posts
After unsuccessful morning walked after lunch at a thicket and jumped one deer.Moved to another area.Swing and a miss at 4:45 tonight. First legal buck all season and descent one at that..Came after a mature doe and stopped him..On the edge of my range and believe arrow hit twig.Missed low and in front..tried grunting him back in since he was not spooked bad,but no dice..5:00 another buck comes along same way but veers off at 75yds. Much smaller and could not see if it was legal at that point..Almost hit a big doe on way out,just casually walking across rd..congrats to all whom scored..

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Had deer all around me tonight. Saw three more buck and a couple that were chasing but couldn’t see their rack. Hunted the same tree three days in a row and every single time I had action. Best public land spot I have ever hunted . Who knows if it will be like that next year but it’s a week I will never forget.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hit one a bit back at 4. Watched him bed down about 100yds away for 20 minutes then it got up real slow took a couple of steps and I couldn’t see it anymore. Snuck out the opposite way and will go back in the morning. Hopefully he didn’t go much further.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Hit one a bit back at 4. Watched him bed down about 100yds away for 20 minutes then it got up real slow took a couple of steps and I couldn’t see it anymore. Snuck out the opposite way and will go back in the morning. Hopefully he didn’t go much further.
Good luck ! Sounds like you will find him in the morning !

·
Registered
417 Posts
Dark to dark sit yielded 18 deer sightings. 16 doe, a 6pt, and nice 2.5yo-ish 8pt. Hunted 1A and had a doe and buck tag. Gave (3) does a pass and the 8pt. Hard to pass on the last day of the season, but we are good on meat and I was holding out for a big one this season. Pretty sure if I didn’t shoot that doe on Wednesday I’d be smiling with that buck....

10 more in a green field when sneaking out, including one solid shooter.

Nice ending to my archery season.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good luck hope you find him

·
Registered
965 Posts
Sounds like a solid last day for everyone out, good luck coyote on finding him.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It was a Beautiful morning in the SE, low 40"s , sunny and a little breeze. And the deer were acting like its first week of November. 7 buck, 5 legal and lots of chasing this morning .

·
Registered
320 Posts
Saw one doe at the end...Lots of guys out today, hoping to take advantage of next week, have off so ill be able to get out a ton. Hoping the activity picks up, no rutting action, or really any action, at all the last few weeks. Glad lots of you saw deer, back at it in the AM.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Good luck! Keep us updated

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
7 bucks today. 4 in the 130" range and 3 small ones. All were in bow range,(I'm using a shotgun) none knew I was there. Weather getting colder tomorrow, hoping for a big boy to show up. Saw 2 eagles, 643 squirrels, 423 chippies.
I think we need a re-count on the squirrels.

·
Registered
9,795 Posts
Any update ?

·
Registered
164 Posts
The wife and I took up the trail this morning, he bedded down 2 more times within 100yds of his 1st bed then we lost all blood about 30-40 yds after the last bed. Spent the rest of the day searching with no luck. I’m sick to my stomach cause I know somewhere on that 40 acre multi flora rose and grapevine infested hillside is a dead buck but we couldn’t find it. I’ll keep looking and let the guys that gun hunt the area know if they find it I’ll tag it.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts