The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
It's on in my area of 1A. The boys are fired up and chasing all over. The girls are getting flirty, too. Have already seen two different doe walk right up to a buck, squat & pee, and then take off running in circles.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Out of woods for now. No deer seen. Did find a climber and trail camera Have alittle bow repair while I am taking break.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I’m living this bonus day through all of you! At work today as I shot my buck last night. I have 2 doe tags left for rifle season. Get after them today! And always remember...

5 more minutes no matter what. It paid off for me!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sounds like some good action today for some of you! I had high hopes but didn't see anything, sitting at my desk now. Good luck to everyone still at it.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I’m hunting!! Made it out of work and I threw up a Hail Mary. I’m sitting on the end of a finger with some decent sign. Bumped a heavy 6 on the way in. I would have shot him in a heartbeat. Really warm here, right around 7. Soaked hiking up here with my climber and gear. The wind is right for something to walk in front of me to scent check the woods below. I’ve already seen one buck on the way in, I expect to see at least one more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just got back in set up on a ridge on mountain side, wind seems good. Going to sit as long as I can but just released I forgot my flashlight so it won’t be until dark.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Well. Now I have a small game Hunter shooting like mad below me 300-400yds. I felt really good about this spot. Not so much now. What a bummer. He must have fired 10 shots in the last 10 minutes.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'll be out at the farm for the last 1.5 hours this evening for my last sit with a bow until late season (assuming I don't fill a tag tonight). Haven't been out since Monday but they'd been out in the fields most evenings last week. Really don't think I'll get any shots, this is more of an observation sit/season send off kinda thing.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Going in half an hour sounds like the deer are up and moving, you guys must have found pretty good spots! Rut activity in my area has been close to none so I'm hoping they get going over the next few days. All the deer come with <10 mins shooting light left, lots of bucks out in the dark. Good luck fellas

·
Registered
384 Posts
Did 8 hours in the tree today, saw one buck but he didn't feel like coming within range....
I'm not real happy that it's come to this, but time to dust off the 308.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hunted bedding this am saw 2 doe that acted like they were getting chase but saw no buck. Got down at 12. Switching it up and hunting over a 2 acre field of rye. Bumped 8 doe on the way in.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I bumped 3 guys on way in, it’s a 150 yd stretch from entrance to my stand and 3 other guys were in here, not looking good

21 - 40 of 62 Posts