The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only had enough time to load the boys,drive to the game lands and hunt for an hour.
the picture tells most of the story........

the boys tracked this bird about 75 yards through a corn field,then into a hedgerow. followed the hedgerow almost to it`s end when they flushed him.
I did my part correctly for a change.

·
Registered
114 Posts
These quick 1 hour hunts are all I get these days! Sometimes when I wonder if it's even worth it to get out there, then I remember that an hour in the field is better than an hour just about anywhere!

Today I was out after dove, only saw a handful and took one long shot that I missed. I did see a rabbit (this alone was surprising b/c I rarely see rabbits while hunting) that I would've had a nice shot at, but I couldn't take it since I didn't have orange on. I also would've had great shooting at a flock of mallards, but I don't have a duck stamp nor steel shot! Sometimes it's as if they know what species you are after.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
The Stig said:
I did see a rabbit (this alone was surprising b/c I rarely see rabbits while hunting) that I would've had a nice shot at, but I couldn't take it since I didn't have orange on.
I saw a rabbit on the local SGL while retrieving a rooster from a thick hedge row. I didn't shoot him because it has been a long time since I saw a rabbit on a SGL here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts