The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Nice going with the ol' Winchester Leather!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Nice video as usual. Between that big doe and the great buck last year you took with the Krag, those old rifles seem to be real good to you! Keep up the great work with the videos!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
It's no wonder he says hunting with open sights is hard. That rifle has a filler blank in the rear sight dovetail and I didn't see a peep.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Why in the world are you not on the outdoor channel !!!! I can watch your videos more than than half the garbage I usually see on TV... Your videos are just the most interesting to watch. Awesome job as usual!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
good video, nice job with the old rifle

as far as no rear sight,--- there is a method of sighting where you put the front sight on top of a flat top rear sight (no notch filed in)
your eye will center the front sight on the rear, it's mentioned in the old classic book "The Still Hunter"
I have a rifle set up to shoot this way, it's very fast and accurate method for still hunting.

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
It's no wonder he says hunting with open sights is hard. That rifle has a filler blank in the rear sight dovetail and I didn't see a peep.

That's probably why his first shot goes way low....I wouldn't be out hunting without proper sights. My dad's old 94 had a Williams peep sight. He removed it and installed a side mount scope. His gun is an old top eject model He said he could never get a good sight picture with the peep and the scope helped him. I could never get used to that thing. I'm a lefty and his scope is mounted offset on the right. Good for a righty but not for a lefty. He shot alright with it though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts