The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 12year lic jr. hunter and a 10year old mentor is it legal for the 10year old to to go with us for antlerless deer and rabbit hunting as a observer?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh well he's a young woodman that is right handed left eyed dominate and eager to go even with shooting problem.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
I took my daughter last year as an obserever for small game. I gave her some orange to set the mood, and we went for a walk. I got home last night from archery hunting, and she asked me if I saw anything. Nope. No deer, just lot's of squirrels. She asked why I didn't shoot them, and I told her they aren't open till Saturday. Responce.... Oh boy, can I go too. She is only 7, and can't shoot yet, but she just likes being included in my time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Get her started shooting and take her squirrel hunting!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Those little young eyes can see game first! When my two sons started out, and got their "hunter eyes", they were seeing things I'm not sure was really there.

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
JasonN said:
I want to, but Mom said NO. She has to wait till she is a little older. It will be alright as long as she stays interested.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was lucky enough to walk up on a doe the second day in 07. after the rainy first day after i shot and got her. the 12yr old been waiting for any hunting i do avidly.

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
hunt/fish365 said:
JasonN said:
I want to, but Mom said NO. She has to wait till she is a little older. It will be alright as long as she stays interested.
Heck, take her along too!

Start a thread about it and print it off for her to read! I bet if nothing else she thinks we're as nuts as you are!

·
Registered
14,314 Posts
Oh, to stay on topic.....I was hunting with my family when I turned 8, as an observer of course. I'm the only person I know that wanted to gut a deer and I did that for the first time when I was 9! I'm one of the few I know that gut my first deer, most of my friends at school didn't...their dad did it for them.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
My new girlfriend has a 4 year old, and one of the first weekends her and I were together, she asked how young was too young to go out. I told her I fell in love right there, LOL. I told her I'd consider taking him for a walk and see how he does. Then try to sit and listen for a little and see how he does. In watching him around the house he's not going to sit long, but it's never to early to introduce them to the great outdoors. Good luck to you and your two little hunters!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts