The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hot dang, who ain't excited bout Friday nite 12:01am the 26th.... My son is coming home from college that weekend, heedin out for some serious fun. We are hoping to call a grey in, we have some new territory to hunt. We have left the yotes alone since last winter so hopefully we can connect with some of them. I think I'm more excited to hunt predators than deer this year. Best of luck to everyone.

·
Registered
18,453 Posts
Hides generally aren't good until the 2nd or 3rd week of November. My dad was/is a huge houndsman. He would always take vacation just to hunt fox around those weeks. Yes, the fur market really stinks now with no hope of it rebounding any time soon. That's why I always say hold off until fur is prime. I just don't shoot them only to throw them away. I always put up the fur.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Hides generally aren't good until the 2nd or 3rd week of November. My dad was/is a huge houndsman. He would always take vacation just to hunt fox around those weeks. Yes, the fur market really stinks now with no hope of it rebounding any time soon. That's why I always say hold off until fur is prime. I just don't shoot them only to throw them away. I always put up the fur.
I guess it depends what your reason is for hunting predators. It is not always about the fur!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts