The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping to get out for 2 hours before dark this evening after the storm rolls through. Target 10 pt was there at dusk on Thursday working a scrape. I love hunting dark dreary days, so feeling good about tonight.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I hope it quits raining but stays dreary like this too days like that are some of my best hunts...….I'll be in my stand by 4

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Hopefully it quits and I can get my daughter out after she gets home from school and not too late. Right after long, steady rain in mid/late October always seems to be a good time to be in the woods.

Still raining here in dahntahn PGH as I write this but radar looks like the tail end of it is slowly working its way here.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Out by myself. Daughter had too much homework (procrastinated on her book she has to read) so no hunting for her tonight. Nothing but squirrel and a booner whistle pig so far.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I'm out right now. Saw 6 doe total. Looking for a buck. Nice just being out and enjoying nature.

·
Super Moderator
5,010 Posts
Turned into what I thought was decent night, decided to go watch for a bear. Got soaked to the bone on the way out. Quit raining when I got quad back to truck. Figures.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Rain stopped here around one and turned into a sunny afternoon and pretty warm, saw two does.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I’m in AL until Thurs but hoping to get out Fri and Sat some. It’s getting chilly here so it’s gotta be good and cool there.

·
Registered
544 Posts
My buddy texted me he saw a nice one come off some public I have never hunted so I decided to go still hunt/ scout it with my bow. On the way I drove by 5 doe on my property, a doe being chased by a 4 point in property I hunt, and a 3 or 4 year old 8 point that wanted in on the action. All that at 4:15. Only saw 3 doe during my scouting.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Nice evening I saw a flock of gobblers 2 sub-legal bucks and a pretty nice 8 I couldn't get a shot on...Also had a coyote come in stalking one of the small bucks I finally got him to stop at a spot where I had to guess the distance and I guessed wrong and used the wrong pin.....Just skimmed his back nothing but a puff of fur on the ground and no blood

1 - 12 of 12 Posts