The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I thought about ditching work today but reluctantly came in. Tomorrow morning could be special, unfortunately I won't make it out until the afternoon. Some big bucks are going to drop tomorrow. Could start seeing some seeking and chasing any day.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hunting a property where the owner wants me to take a few doe, so of course saw a nice 8 right at legal time! Had a group of doe come through at around 20yds and hit the lead doe at 735. Ran off like she was hurt. Pass through and Can see blood from the tree. Giving it a couple more minutes and then climb down to start tracking.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hunting a property where the owner wants me to take a few doe, so of course saw a nice 8 right at legal time! Had a group of doe come through at around 20yds and hit the lead doe at 735. Ran off like she was hurt. Pass through and Can see blood from the tree. Giving it a couple more minutes and then climb down to start tracking.
I hope you get her!!! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
JJ4D your right about big bucks dropping tomorrow ! I only hope its with archery equipment rather than muzzeloaders I know in my area it will happen allot !! I went out the other day and hunted in the morning then when I got down I decided to pull a couple cards that were handy. I walk out this trail and there is a ladder stand with about 100lbs of cracked corn spread all around so I marked it with my On X Maps and tracked my way the way back to the truck. I talked to DCNR and my local warden and then sent them all the pics and coordinance to the stand. They checked it out and will be watching it ! Then I was walking back to the truck and hear a gun shot out by the main mountain rd. I pack up and start heading home and get about a mile up the road and there lays a gut pile right along the side of the road !

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Beautiful morning out there today. Saw a total of nine. One spike and a bunch of different does and little ones. None to shoot, but still enjoyed being out after not having gone since the first day.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just got setup about 30 minutes ago. Looked to my right... coyote at 60 yds. Hmmm... thinking I am not going to see much tonight. Maybe it comes back and offers me a shot.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
All setup and ready to rock !
I hope the 2 big boys come out a little earlier tonight than they did the other night !

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
Set my son up and five minutes later, he sends me a picture of a doe about 30 yards from him. Alas, no doe tag.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
I bumped a big one out of his bed this morning by accident.

Set up elsewhere now, just watched a fork horn thrash some trees.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Took my youngest daughter (6yr old) out this evening for a sit in the new redneck bale blind. Seen a big lone doe, another doe with her young, a fox, and a groundhog. She had a blast. Had My son out last Saturday and we seen 20+ deer out of that blind. 1 was the big 8 point I've been seeing. Unfortunately it never got closer than 62yrds. I love the blind bc kids can be a bit antsy and move around alot and this keeps it under wraps.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Had a great night tonight ! At 6 I had a doe and fawn push through the clear cut at 20 yds and then around 6:30 I had a 6 point come up the same trail and then he walked out of sight. Then about 6:45 I had a small 8 point, a decent 10 point and a big 10 pointer come up the same trail as the other night and they all came into 20 yds but the only problem was that the big 10 had his vitals covered by a bush and he stood there until dark. I had to sit in my stand until my buddy came out and got into the truck and then I could hear the bucks all trot down the trail so I made my break for it and got to the truck. I plan on walking back their trail and hanging a stand where the woods meets the clear cut so I can catch them with a little more daylight left and they are a little less weary ! Go figure I could have shot any of the other 3 bucks as they all just stood around for a 1/2 hour but I was waiting on the big boy to step out from behind that bush !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts