The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a PGC Officer/ Wco arrest anyone? I mean actually take them to jail? Just a question because I never heard of one ever taking someone to jail. I have heard of the police doing it with added charges while a game law was actually being broken also. Dont need to be bashed just wasnt sure so please dont crusify me for what I dont know. Thanks for all replys.

·
Registered
12,369 Posts
here ya go...

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/058/chapter131/s131.6.html

(1) A wildlife conservation officer pursuant to the authority vested by section 901(a)(17shall arrest or take other appropriate enforcement action ) of the act only to the degree necessary to protect life and property in any one or more of the following circumstances:
(i) The offense occurs in the officer’s presence.

(ii) The offense occurs on lands or waters owned, leased or otherwise controlled by the Commission.

(iii) The offense arises out of Commission operations.

(iv) Another law enforcement agency has reasonably requested the assistance.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Yes they can take people to jail, it take a judge to put them there. Back when I started it was not uncommon to commit folks to prison.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
If we make a felony or misdemeanor arrest we book them into the County Jail

·
Registered
6,212 Posts
Kinda funny. Not in PA, but in MS. My stepfather was fishing with his dad back in the boyous. He figured knowbody would find them there so he didn't buy a lisence. A WCO showed up, seen he didn't have a fishing lisence, and let him spend the night in jail. That was probably 25-30 years ago. Guess they take thing a little more seriously than PA does.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
WCO R.W.J.,what for example would be a misdemneanor that would constitute taking one to jail?i understand about a felony but not familar with a lesser crime that would constitue taking one to jail.thanks for the info.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
I do the same Beartrpper,

Vapor could be possession differnt assaults.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks everyone. I just never new or never heard of it happening.But thanks to this board I can ask the unknown. and get accurate anwsers . Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts