The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hunting from a golden rod ground blind I took a doe 2 weeks ago. She posed for me three times, but the first two times there were other deer behind her and I thought perhaps one was a buck. I killed her at 10 yards. I killed my buck tonight after seeing it at the edge of the corn field Friday night, as I walked to my truck. I set myself up among some black berry bushes Saturday evening near where I thought the deer would enter the field. At 4:45 he walked in out of the woods and began feeding. Other deer came in behind me some 60 yards away and I think he wanted to join them so he slipped into the brush to my left and as he did I stood up. When he came out he was fully broadside and stopped. I put the pin on him and shot. He went about 20 yards stopped and looked back-I thought I had missed! Going about ten yards more he fell- and that was that. I use a Horton Yukon with the pin and aperture sight. For the first time in 45 years I will not be hunting bucks on the first day of the rifle season. Feels kinda odd?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a 5 point. I keep telling myself I'll holdout for one worthy of the wall. I guess I will try to find more control next year- I do have a few more remaining I hope.

You be well and safe and thanks greatly for your time! Kurt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts