The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else out today? I sat from 2 till dark. Had 7 doe feeding within 30 yards of me at 4:00. Just couldn't bring myself to sending an arrow. I guess I still like hunting more then killing and the work that comes afterwards.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Not sure of your age but for me at least its not about the kill anymore but in the past it was more about the kill than I care to admit.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I am going out tomorrow afternoon. If I really wanted to kill a doe I know where my best options would be even though I know it still wouldn’t be a guarantee. With that being said I discovered a remote spot during rifle that I think would be fantastic during the rut next season. My plan is to to go there and hopefully learn something. Perhaps find out how deer are traveling through the area and also a good tree to climb . If a doe happens to come within bow range I will shoot her . If not, at least I will have a good idea of where to set up for next season.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I wasn't going to shoot another doe but I did. 4 for the year. There are so many does left up here, this rifle season was pitiful. Looks like my buck tag is going in the soup unless I can sneak out the last two evenings, but I don't think I can. A great season with a lot of highs and lows, nice way to end it.

View attachment 179764
Congrats man !

·
Registered
297 Posts
PaBone I’m with you. Harvesting a mature doe in the late season with a vertical bow is one of the hardest tasks you can do sometimes. With deer movement sometimes limited, no vegetation to hide, deer that are extreme alert from being harassed for months, bulky clothes and most likely constricted muscles for the hunter to get a clean pull back makes it a challenge. I applaud those who do it and for those who are successful. Congrats Elk Yinzer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts