The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to working on the buddy's rack from this year. Ended up really coming out beautiful. He was happy as can be.

My best friend, and hunting buddy, who I hope to share many more seasons with!!!

My buck from October 29th...

I mounted mine a few days later...

The buddy got his buck on Novemeber 4th...

And tonight I finally got around to getting his done.. he was absolutely thrilled!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
looks great, you two look like brothers!

·
Banned
1,386 Posts
nice work congrats to both of you. Spiritnugent your picture looks like a beautiful area to hunt. Nice work on the antler mounts. Keystonepaul

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys...

Paul, it is a beautiful area indeed. I feel blessed in the fall, anytime really, but when the leaves are changing it's truely breathtaking.

I caught it just in time for good looking pictures when I got my deer. Another day or two the leaves would have been brown.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
good work my man....and i must add....it's nice to see you posting again....i knew you couldnt go that long.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
awesome!! more good lookin mounts!!

tell me about the wood...what kinda wood and finish?? looks like it was torched maybe? i love it!

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys!

Devin,

The wood is cedar... I then torched it with a propane torch along the grain. Then I gave it 4 or 5 coats of Tru Oil Gun Finish

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Very nice gesture to your hunting buddy. Looks great!

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I have got to ask this...and by no way do I meant to disrespect. However, what is that thing on the wall to the left of your one mount? I have seen it in many of your pictures and cant figure it out. Is it some kind of old school radio or something?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts