The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

@021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4 door

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  K98 
#1 ·
Do you guys think this Jeep with a 3.6L 24v engine Would have any trouble pulling a 12' aluma trailer with a Side Side?

#3 ·
Well guess it depends how far or long an how heavy the sidexside an trailer weighs altogether an if mostly on flat ground or mountain terrain. I have a 2019 polaris ranger crew 900xp an a 6.5x14ft steel frame utility trailer an my 5.0 v8 grunts pretty good going up the mountain an on steep hills an it drops my gas mileage down from 16-17 to 13-14 so you know it's giving it a workout.

#6 ·
true, Max towing means the weight of everything! You your friends,dogs,camping gear,gas. It all needs to be added with the weight of the trailer and the side by side up to 3500 lbs. Doesn't take much to reach your max. Say the trailer weighs 800 lbs,side by side 1000, total 1800 lbs minus 3500 gives you 1700 lbs, to play with

#7 ·
Sounds like the weight is ok. As Bowhunter862C pointed out terrain can play a major role in ability to tow. Trailers put a large amount of drag on the tow vehicle regardless of weight. I always felt that the ability for a vehicle to tow well had more to do with rear-end gear ratio over weight of trailer. This is where the perception of how well a vehicle tows comes into play. I've seen vehicles that in my opinion struggle to tow yet the driver is perfectly fine with the situation. Your expectations of the Jeep tows may be different than mine. Unfortunately, this is something that you will have to decide after a couple of pulls.

Reactions: Danesdad
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.