The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Archery Gear Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/49-archery-gear-forum/)
-   -   Optifade forest camo (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/49-archery-gear-forum/91970-optifade-forest-camo.html)

HoytUSA 11-10-2013 01:16 AM

Optifade forest camo

Anybody use this stuff? It sure is expensive. I was just wondering if anyone here has used it and what their experience has been. Thanks.

mackgee 11-10-2013 01:25 AM

Re: Optifade forest camo

I've used Sitka Gear and liked it a lot. I like Kuiu just a little better though as I think the Kuiu is a little better thought out and they have better fabrics. As far as the camo itself, I never felt like I was spotted by game due to my camo. Good luck!

Mac

Borden811 11-10-2013 03:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
+1 on the KUIU. Love that stuff!

HoytUSA 11-10-2013 01:50 PM

I've heard great things about the KUIU gear but I don't think that is what I am looking for. I had asked specifically about the optifade forest pattern as that is designed for whitetail treestand hunters. I just wondered if anyone used it for this application and what their experience has been. Thanks...

Squirrel 11-10-2013 01:59 PM

I am in the market for a new cold weather jacket and looked at Sitka and Kuiu (as well as many others). I hate velcro though and Kuiu seems to use it on the cuffs.

mackgee 11-10-2013 08:11 PM

Sitka uses Velcro as well on their cuffs...still good stuff though. Kuiu definitely isn't for the stand hunter, it's designed for the spot and stalk hunter.

Mac

muskyman62 11-11-2013 06:21 AM

traverse hoody is a good garment!

tanner 11-17-2013 08:11 PM

I wear the Sitka Fanatic Jacket with 90% pants in Optifade forest. I am not a fan of bibs so I didn't buy the Fanatic bibs. I really like the 90% pants but you do need to layer under them as they are for warmer temps. I love the Optifade pattern.

big28hunter 11-18-2013 07:26 AM

Absolutely love sitka gear. That's all I buy now. Have used it all over the country and Africa. Yes it's expensive but you can get some great deals during sales. I'm presently starting to buy the forest pattern gear now.

Heit 11-18-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big28hunter
Absolutely love sitka gear. That's all I buy now. Have used it all over the country and Africa. Yes it's expensive but you can get some great deals during sales. I'm presently starting to buy the forest pattern gear now.

Where/who are you buying from?