The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Taxidermy and Tanning Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/34-taxidermy-tanning-forum/)
-   -   Looking for a taxidermist…. (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/34-taxidermy-tanning-forum/90863-looking-taxidermist%85.html)

CJG 10-29-2013 04:19 AM

Looking for a taxidermist….

…in the Murrysville, Penn Twp., or Irwin area. I need to get my buck from this year mounted and I want to get a buck I shot 8 years ago redone. I let a kid do mine for free to test for being a taxidermist. Needless to say he failed and I got a really awful mount out of it. If anyone on here does it would love to give a fellow hunting.pa guy some business.

beck_trt 10-29-2013 09:19 AM

Re: Looking for a taxidermist….

Dave Dillon of Acmetaxidermy.com. He is about 5 minutes off of the Seven Springs exit on the Turnpike. He is a member on here if you want to look him up that way. 724-424-8587

He does excellent work and his turn around time is as good as you will find for a professional taxidermist.

JoeSimmons 10-29-2013 01:41 PM

I'm located in slippery rock, check my FB page simmons wildlife, call or text me 724-290-9095

BCO outdoors 10-29-2013 02:12 PM

I second the vote for Dave Dillon at Acme taxidermy. Great guy and does awesome work at a fair price. Right now you are looking at about a 4 to 5 month turn around period on shoulder mounts.

CJG 10-30-2013 01:10 AM

Im open to Acme. I would still like to see who is close to me in Irwin because once I pick it up Im not sure I can get up to Donegal right away.

Im also open to something near New Stanton or Belle Vernon area since I travel that way often.

JoeSimmons 10-30-2013 01:29 AM

Try hutchs taxidermy in mount pleasant

Backwoods 10-30-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beck_trt
Dave Dillon of Acmetaxidermy.com. He is about 5 minutes off of the Seven Springs exit on the Turnpike. He is a member on here if you want to look him up that way. 724-424-8587

He does excellent work and his turn around time is as good as you will find for a professional taxidermist.

I'll third this. Can't reccomend Dave enough. Great work and a great guy to talk to.

From Irwin it is a quick drive up through Norvelt in your in Acme in no time.

elkie 10-30-2013 11:38 PM

Justin & Mark Nagy from Natures Pathway Taxidermy in Monesson, PA They do great work!!

CJG 10-31-2013 01:27 AM

ok, Im going to reach out to David at Acme. If he is on here and see this please send me a PM. I have this years pa buck. Need to redo an old buck. And Im going to Missouri next week and Ohio the week of 17th so I could have two more to do this year. I have a condo at Hidden Valley so Im always driving up near Donegal. Dave if you are here let me know.

CJG 10-31-2013 01:28 AM

4-5 months would be a dream come true. The last two bucks Ive had mounted took 12 and 13 months.