The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Archery Gear Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/49-archery-gear-forum/)
-   -   Arrow Suggestions (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/49-archery-gear-forum/84808-arrow-suggestions.html)

saylor23 08-06-2013 03:47 AM

Arrow Suggestions

I just bought a new Hoyt Charger and really like it, I have always shot fingers and aluminum shafts. Bow is set for 62 lbs, 29" draw, need some options on arrows, looking at Goldtip pro, I want enough KE to do the job , think I am going with 100 gr razor tricks, any suggestions???

PocoYoco hunter 08-06-2013 10:07 PM

Re: Arrow Suggestions

I shoot gold tip arrows cant go wrong with them they are durable

NanookOdaNorth 08-06-2013 11:43 PM

Ditto the Gold Tips!

tanner 08-19-2013 08:24 PM

Gold tip are good arrows. I really like Easton Axis though.

25ftup 08-19-2013 09:39 PM

Gold tip/razor tricks.... Great combo!

Jake2005 08-20-2013 10:30 AM

Easton acc pro hunting shafts.....

Squirrel 08-20-2013 11:03 AM

I am an Easton fan, but Gold Tips are good. So are Deer Crossing Archery, VAP's, Beman, Black Eagle, etc. Lots of good choices these days.

308 ruger 08-20-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saylor23
I just bought a new Hoyt Charger and really like it, I have always shot fingers and aluminum shafts. Bow is set for 62 lbs, 29" draw, need some options on arrows, looking at Goldtip pro, I want enough KE to do the job , think I am going with 100 gr razor tricks, any suggestions???

they do still make good aluminum arrows.

mauser06 08-20-2013 07:56 PM

most arrows on the market are too light for my likings...

when i was looking for new arrows the only thing without going to super expensive arrows i found was CX PileDriver...

ended up finding someone selling my old Terminator XP Selects..so i didnt need new arrows...

my next arrow is going to be heavier...and a very high FOC...i will probably have to buy super expensive arrows and suck it up...im at 460gr or so right now...

to each his own...lots of guys like those light arrows..not me..

i didnt like lower end eastons or gold tips..they didnt seem nearly as durable as the CXs i shoot now..

tons of choices out there..really depends what YOU want from an arrow though...

KE is only a part of the equation...FOC and momentum are huge as well...

Bluemoonfox 08-21-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake2005
Easton acc pro hunting shafts.....

My arrow of choice as well! Goldtips are great as well, nothing wrong with em and they've killed lots of critters!