The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Shotgun and Handgun Hunting Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/57-shotgun-handgun-hunting-forum/)
-   -   Beretta A400 (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/57-shotgun-handgun-hunting-forum/76660-beretta-a400.html)

buzz 03-24-2013 10:15 PM

Beretta A400

I have been looking at buying A4, been reading reviews etc. Some reviews are saying....low recoil, cycle 2 3/4 and 3" fine....but some have had issues with jamming with 3 1/2" shells.
I plan to shoot mostly 2 3/4, but like the option of the 3 1/2 should I want it down the road.
I am looking for input from anyone who has knowalge about this gun, has shot them, owns them etc.
Thanks for any input.

stevenstiegel 03-26-2013 12:50 AM

Re: Beretta A400

I have an a400 and love it. Light recoil, great shouldering, and has cycled flawlessly so far. I still need to put 2 3/4 through it, and more importantly, pattern it but from my experience so far, it's a good gun. I also have an SBE II and would say you can't go wrong with either one.

buzz 03-26-2013 01:08 AM

I actually have a SBE II, I just can't get comfortable shooting it. I like the feel of the Beretta. I am going to sell the SBE II, and probably purchase the Beretta. Thanks for the feed back.

Archery5150 03-26-2013 02:33 AM

I hunt with 2 guys that have them and love them. They r some killin machines with those a400's in there hands. Real "game hogs" , shoot fast or shoot last https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/i...ilies/grin.gif
I have not seen or heard of any issues they have had. I have 1 issue tho, i always sit to the right side of them when in the goose fields and get pelted buy their empties.

Buckshot1822 03-27-2013 02:55 AM

Buzz, have you tried shouldering either the MAXUS or SX3 too?

I think that the Beretta's are great guns, and I like the feel of them......the SX3 and Maxus feel similar to the Beretta , and they are both great guns as well....

As far as I am concerned, you cant go wrong by sticking with the 3 B's Browning(which includes the Winchesters), Benelli, and Beretta...

buzz 03-27-2013 08:13 PM

Yes I have Buckshot, but I like the feel of the Beretta, in fact I bought the A400 today. Just finished setting the recoil pad spacers and drop to my likeing.
Friday will be the test to see if it feels as good when shooting it.
The SBE II is actually listed in the for sale forum on HPA.

Buckshot1822 03-27-2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz
Yes I have Buckshot, but I like the feel of the Beretta, in fact I bought the A400 today. Just finished setting the recoil pad spacers and drop to my likeing.

Good Luck, I may pick up a Beretta eventually, but I already have too many shotguns.............

stevenstiegel 03-27-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz

was that difficult to adjust the drop with the spacers! i haven't gotten to that yet

buzz 03-27-2013 11:20 PM

To be honest, it is shipped set up for right hand shooter, and the middle drop in it, and I left it that way until I shoot it Friday. It is not diffacult though. I did my Benelli in a matter of 10 minutes. The Beretta does have a couple more screws to remove due to the recoil system in the stock, but still should be a 10 to 15 min job.
I did put the thicker spacer in the recoil pad as I am a bigger longer armed guy, made it fit better.Moving that out seemed to get me looking flatter down the vent rib.
I will decide on the drop after a day in the field. Big differance between pulling it up for pratice....and for actual shooting.

stevenstiegel 03-28-2013 01:03 AM

cool...I think I may take a day at the skeet field before making any adjustments