The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Outfitters and Guides Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/76-outfitters-guides-forum/)
-   -   In search of a mule deer outfitter review (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/76-outfitters-guides-forum/71449-search-mule-deer-outfitter-review.html)

skippy912 01-23-2013 10:08 PM

In search of a mule deer outfitter review

My friend and I recently founded the Keystone chapter of the National Mule Deer Foundation. Look us up at muledeer.org. Our organization is along the lines of the NWTF and RMEF but not as big (yet). We already published our first newsletter and one of our sections is a review of a mule deer outfitter. Since our membership is fairly low in PA, it is difficult to get reviews from members. I was curious if anyone would be so kind to want to write a review of an outfitter that you have hunted mule deer with. Only looking for positives reviews and will work with you on editing. Please send a PM if you are interested.

I am enjoying working with this conservation group but challenged because mule deer just are as popular as those darn elk but declining in numbers at an alarming rate. Any help is appreciated.

mackgee 01-23-2013 10:21 PM

Re: In search of a mule deer outfitter review

PM sent.

Mac

ToothHunter 01-24-2013 12:24 AM

Trophy Mountain Outfitters, Jackson, WY...

Dustin Child runs an outstanding outfitting business!!! Second to none!!!

Tooth

skippy912 01-24-2013 12:37 AM

Tooth, I got Mac lined up for this newsletter and I will keep your suggestion in mind for our fall edition of the newsletter.

PS - thank you for your service sir!

ToothHunter 01-25-2013 12:37 PM

Skippy,

Your welcome... how does one go about getting your newsletter? I like to read about the different outfitters and great hunts?

Thanks,
Tooth

stackbarrel 01-25-2013 09:11 PM

My son and I just got back from Idaho, hunting predators with Little Lost Outfitters (Corey Dailey). We saw so much big game there!! Elk, mulies, pronghorn and whitetails. They also have Mt. Goat and Bighorn Sheep in their area. We'll be going back to hunt Elk in November 2014 and hopefully mulies/pronghorn in 2015. If you want to find reputable outfitters out west, you can join Huntin' Fool. They have a monthly magazine and will help with outfitters and licenses/tags.

skippy912 01-26-2013 11:11 AM

Thanks Stack for the recommendation, but I have a few outfitters I use. I am looking for someone to write a review from their mule deer hunt for our Keystone chapter of the mule deer foundation. Mackgee volunteered one so far.

stackbarrel 01-26-2013 07:09 PM

No prob. If we don't draw Elk tags in Unit 51 next fall, we'll be there hunting Mulies. Maybe we'll have a story for ya!

skippy912 01-27-2013 10:55 AM

Good luck on drawing the elk tag!

stackbarrel 01-27-2013 06:35 PM