The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/)
-   -   Corbett and PA filing Federal Lawsuit against NCAA (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/69121-corbett-pa-filing-federal-lawsuit-against-ncaa.html)

Washpa Randy 01-02-2013 01:12 AM

Corbett and PA filing Federal Lawsuit against NCAA

This is about to get a little more interesting. NCAA doesn't have a good track record in the Federal Courts.

Too bad Corbett didn't have this same fortitude when he was investigating Sandusky as AG. Oh, I forgot, he was too busy accepting campaign donations from The Second Mile Foundation for his Governors race.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...enge_ncaa.html

BuckRub00 01-02-2013 12:40 PM

Re: Corbett and PA filing Federal Lawsuit against NCAA

Gov't doesnt belong in the same sentence as sports, Corbett needs to quit wasting tax-payers money and just move on.Once PS signed off on sanctions game was over!!

bearhollow 01-02-2013 12:53 PM

And the NCAA has no business in criminal cases that don't involve the team being sanctioned.

If PSU signed off on sanctions based on false information, this game has just begun.

Washpa Randy 01-02-2013 07:31 PM

Plus, like it or not, Corbett sits on the Board of Trustees.

GIE 01-02-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearhollow
And the NCAA has no business in criminal cases that don't involve the team being sanctioned.

If PSU signed off on sanctions based on false information, this game has just begun.

Agreed. How false it is I'm not sure about, but definitely one-sided, biased, and incomplete.

bearhollow 01-02-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GIE
Quote:

Originally Posted by bearhollow

Agreed. How false it is I'm not sure about, but definitely one-sided, biased, and incomplete.

The complaint filed uses pretty harsh language while describing how the NCAA forced PSU to accept the sanctions, describing those sanctions as "devastating, long-lasting, and having irreparable effects on the Commonwealth, its citizens, and its economy".

Rodney said he agreed to sanctions based on the NCAA threatening the death penalty. The NCAA (Emmert) denied this. The complaint outlines that there were threats by the NCAA if Rodney did not comply with their decision on sanctions even if the issue was outside their area of enforcement.

The NCAA relied on the Freeh report instead of doing their own investigation. There is no doubt that the Freeh report is incomplete and has many inaccuracies at best. If the NCAA had done their own report, they would have had to justify why they were getting involved in a criminal case, which they had never done before and they had no rules that addressed criminal behavior.

BTW: The NCAA (Emmert) response to this is shameless. Shows how clueless these clowns are.

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...6-corbett.html

buzz 01-02-2013 10:19 PM

I think it's great. The NCAA had no right to get involved in a criminal case, and this whole thing had nothing to do with them.

Can someone tell me what NCAA rule PSU broke to deserve the penalty they handed down?????

steelerfan58 01-02-2013 11:38 PM

If anything, give the wins back to JoePa.

steelerfan58 01-02-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buzz
I think it's great. The NCAA had no right to get involved in a criminal case, and this whole thing had nothing to do with them.

Can someone tell me what NCAA rule PSU broke to deserve the penalty they handed down?????

None. The NCAA used an obscure clause that allows them to arbitrarily punish a member "for the good of the game", whether or not they actually broke any rules. It was a cop out, the NCAA trying to make it look like they were being proactive, when there was nothing to be proactive about. The criminal case hadn't even begun, yet the almighty NCAA already knew the straight poop, and had all info they needed to act. I would be shocked if the NCAA pres didn't get this advice from Goodell himself.

oilcrk 01-03-2013 04:25 AM

So now... With all we know, and have yet to know...& perhaps will never know..
We are to believe Penn State is a victim ? How sad.... It was a den of thieves and liars Paterno, Sandusky, PSU, The scum bag President, A/D & every other person, business, enterprise who benefited from covering this up for 20+ years...all with significant reasons to act complicity ...PSU as the place, the institution that enabled & covered up the most atrocious vial despicable Monster, criminal who prayed on children....& ..peddling influence that perpetuated criminal activity at practices, locker rooms, games & associations... Providing the animal predator with a hunting ground, and the bait via the PSU football program & a legendary coach to attract these children...& then unceremoniously dismiss the many signs & signals of depravity on and in their hallowed campus in the PSU name...
I can't believe any one associated with PSU before, then or now is willing to pick the scab and re-open the wounds associated with this PSU horror story....
Unless they are CYA'ing or working pre emptively for re election....
IMHO... Save it ! Take your much deserved medicine... You shoulda got much much worse...