The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/)
-   -   Since the season is essentially over.... (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/68252-since-season-essentially-over.html)

Danesdad 12-23-2012 09:20 PM

Since the season is essentially over....

Who should not be invited to return to the Steelers next year? I'm going to exempt Wallace and R-men, since we all probably think they wont be back. Tell me who else (player, coach, office person, peanut vendor) who shouldn't be back and why.

Treestand 12-23-2012 09:24 PM

Re: Since the season is essentially over....

Hampton is gone and colon will be too...as far as coaches I know who I would like to see gone but it will never happen

Danesdad 12-23-2012 09:26 PM

Well, this thread is for speculation, so feel free to mention anyone. If you think Mr. Rooney should go, give us a real argument.

eyefromthesky 12-23-2012 09:29 PM

I'm going to say Todd Haley based on the fact that the offense was pathetic this season.

Treestand 12-23-2012 09:45 PM

haley may end up in Arizona and we can have wiz back!!!!

eyefromthesky 12-23-2012 09:48 PM

I'd take that!

eddie spaghetti 12-24-2012 12:52 AM

Because they do not have a replacement, I would not be shocked to see the Steelers resign the Big Snack for a year or two (tops). Unfortunately, Wallace didn't deliver, and I think he is gone. RMen will sign elsewhere. Colon is signed thru 2015. He can not stay healthy, but the Steelers may be "stuck" with him. Stevenson Sylvester, Steve McLendon are RFA. Max Starks (again), Byron Leftwich, Plax, Barron Batch will probably all be gone in 2013.

eddie spaghetti 12-24-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treestand91
haley may end up in Arizona and we can have wiz back!!!!

If Haley goes, I think Kirby Wilson becomes the new OC. But, even though they love Haley in AZ, I think the Cardinals go a different direction.
The only coach that I think goes is the Special teams coach. But, Keith Butler might be a hot comidity as well for a DC job.

steelerfan58 12-24-2012 01:12 AM

Wallace and Spinderella have to go. It's not a money thing totally, they have the wrong attitude. Colon needs restructured. McClendon will be back, as I think he's the Snack's heir apparent. Starks? Who do they have better? Leftwich is bye bye. Plax-we hardly knew ya, bro. Special Teams coaching needs addressed. A new kicker perhaps as well, someone who can hit a 50 yarder at least. Troy needs a redone deal, loaded with incentives. Clark comes back. He's not the best FS, but I don't think we get anyone better for the coin in FA or the draft. On the upside, we'll be drafting high this year. Lebeau stays if he wants. It's not a schematic problem. You don't become a #1 defense without being able to call a game. If he leaves, Keith Butler is the new DC.

Danesdad 12-24-2012 01:34 AM

There is no way they get rid of Suisham. He was an all pro until today. You cant expect any kicker to hit from 50+ at Heinz. When it happens, it's a bonus.