The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Trapping Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/26-trapping-forum/)
-   -   Anybody Trapping 2G next week? (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/26-trapping-forum/62889-anybody-trapping-2g-next-week.html)

g3trappernc 10-30-2012 07:01 PM

Anybody Trapping 2G next week?

I will be in camp in Driftwood for the week. Wouldn't mind taking a morning off from deer hunting to tag along on a trap check if anyone has a line going. I won't be able to start my North Carolina line until close to New Year due to deer season being in..... I feel like I need to scratch the itch, LOL....

I have never trapped in PA. It certainly is different terrain from my area. If anyone is willing to have an observer, let me know!

NoMojo 10-31-2012 12:43 AM

Re: Anybody Trapping 2G next week?

Can I ask why you drive from NC to hunt deer in 2G. I hunt in potter county and its very hard work to kill a buck up there. Seems like a long way to go

PSB1011 10-31-2012 12:53 AM

Too bad you are not near me,id take you for a ride.

g3trappernc 10-31-2012 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoMojo
Can I ask why you drive from NC to hunt deer in 2G. I hunt in potter county and its very hard work to kill a buck up there. Seems like a long way to go

My grandfather started hunting in Cameron and Potter counties in 1921. His father didn't hunt, but his preacher took him up there when he was 16. Kind of a tradition now, and we own a camp in Driftwood (since 1970). Used to be a bunch of guys, now it is just me, my sister and my dad.....

We have some great hunting in North Carolina with VERY liberal bag limits, but it is just something about that time I get to spend in the big woods with my dad each year. Not sure how many more years I will have with him. He is 71 now....

g3trappernc 10-31-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PSB1011
Too bad you are not near me,id take you for a ride.

If you will have me along Phil, I will get up to your area.....I cover the entire east coast, so I have reasons to plan some "business trips".....I've been meaning to catch up with you while you are down here in NC chasing the water line with suckhole Buzzard...LOL....

Roaddawg 11-10-2012 01:05 AM

I'm going to 2G in december and hopefully catch a couple of coyotes and maybe a bobcat and a fisher.

I've seen several bobcats and 1 fisher while hunting near my cabin.

Steel Forester 11-10-2012 01:22 PM

I will be setting in 2G for fisher and bobcat in Dec. I may put some coyote sets out up there next week though. Where abouts in 2G are you at?

Roaddawg 11-13-2012 12:05 PM

We have a cabin right off Pete's Run. It's basically right up the mountain from Renovo.

g3trappernc 11-13-2012 02:54 PM

My camp is in Driftwood, right down the street from WeeBulls. Saw a beautiful coyote on Friday from my treestand on Thursday morning, but he was too far for a shot. Lots of coyote sign around it seems like.

BrownTrout 11-13-2012 03:53 PM

g3 hit me up when your on your way up. So far this year I caught four yotes as of this morning. I got a nicely fured female dropped this April or May--beautiful fur. I'll get a pic up later. I just got back and have some skinning and fleshing to do. One of the yotes I got I had mange real bad and I left him laying in the woods. So far none of the fox I've caught had had mange. Our black bears got it bad bigtime. A neighbor down the road had one die under his porch not long ago.