The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   General Hunting Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/20-general-hunting-forum/)
-   -   requesting feedback: Cabela's MT050 bibs & parka (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/20-general-hunting-forum/303189-requesting-feedback-cabelas-mt050-bibs-parka.html)

PAhunterMD 12-14-2019 04:40 PM

requesting feedback: Cabela's MT050 bibs & parka

Anyone have these? If so, would you mind sharing what you think of them? They're on sale starting Sunday for $100 off of each, which seems like a good deal. I've been eyeing a new cold weather setup, but even on sale this is a bigger ticket purchase for me ($400 total), so I'm worried about buyer's remorse. Thanks in advance for any help!

pt1e 12-14-2019 05:05 PM

I have the parka and pants. I've never been a bibs fan. They are warm enough that if I have my cabelas heavyweight grid thermals on I typically dont need anything else. When its bitter I'll throw on a fleece. Only downside is if you're walking to a stand you will get sweated up and that's bad news but they are breathable. I always walk in with just a breathable tshirt and the coat.

BMAN 12-14-2019 05:13 PM

Very warm I bought them and used them once. I grab the iwom first before them for stand hunting. The Iwom or the Heater Body Suit are the warmest out for stand hunting. If I was going to just gun hunt I would by the Heater Body Suit for gun and archery the Iwom. JMO

uplander 12-14-2019 05:22 PM

I have the parka and the pants. The pluses: they are very quiet and warm. The minuses: they are heavy and a bit bulky.

I wear them when I plan to sit in a stand all day when it’s below freezing. As mentioned above you either need to carry them (read bulky above) or really take your time.

While bulky I’m still able to shoot a bow in them. I’ve sat all day in them with temps in the upper teens/lower 20s with only a good baselayer and pants/ fleece top under them.

I would not recommend them if you plan on moving a lot through the day.

PaScoutSniper 12-14-2019 05:58 PM

Is there a coupon code?

PAhunterMD 12-14-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaScoutSniper (Post 3683941)
Is there a coupon code?

Not as far as I can tell. I got a mailer this week for their Christmas sale, December 15-24. They should be available at the sale price tomorrow.

PAhunterMD 12-14-2019 11:04 PM

Thanks for the input, folks! It appears the consensus is they're warm, but too warm for a long walk. I already don't walk in fully dressed, so I don't consider that a con. I'm sure it will be an upgrade from my current bibs and coat, but now I'm interested in the iWom!

bohunr 12-14-2019 11:18 PM

hey fellas

along with warm clothing get the large hand warmers with adhesive. stick two on the inside front of your coat and two in the back. place the smaller hand warmers with adhesive inside your bibs. i also wear a knit hat with a small hand warmer stuck to the outside of that with a orange face cover pulled down over that.

i can sit all day and be toasty warm :)

On a limb 12-14-2019 11:42 PM

I'm fairly certain that I got a coupon in the mail recently that if you spend up to$500 you save $75. This is the deal they ruin every so often. I believe it's still good.

Pa.Bone 12-15-2019 09:17 AM

Might cost you a little more, but I would also look at the First Lite Sanctuary bibs and jacket. I know the bibs were on sale for 260.00 over Black Friday and Cyber Monday and may go on sale again near Christmas.