The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Sportsmen Connection & Hunt Swap Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/90-sportsmen-connection-hunt-swap-forum/)
-   -   room in 4A (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/90-sportsmen-connection-hunt-swap-forum/297893-room-4a.html)

gentleben 09-11-2019 07:28 PM

room in 4A

I have room for the week of early muzzy/archery if anyone is interested. You can come for the entire week or any days you can fit in. In 4A, and there are still close to 20,000 doe licenses available for here. Just thought I'd put this out and see if anyone might be interested. PM me for details

NorthernPotterCo 09-11-2019 08:44 PM

that is a very nice offer you are making ,if I did not already have a place . I would consider your offer

gentleben 09-19-2019 10:54 AM

i have a bunkhouse for you to stay in, and there's no cost. Just friends and people making new friends. Been doing this since 1979. This would be mostly private ground, but also access to over 5600 acres of SGL out the back door. Some stands in place, or bring your own. STILL plenty of 4A doe tags remaining. This can also open the door for some limited time in the regular firearms season, and plenty of openings in the late muzzy/archery seasons.

gentleben 10-12-2019 06:44 AM

I guess everyone already has a place to hunt. This would be a good opportunity for a parent/child hunt, or even someone new to hunting. STILL over 15,000 doe tags left for my area of 4A

NorthernPotterCo 10-12-2019 09:41 PM

someone might take you up on it sometime , the offer is very kind of you

gentleben 10-13-2019 08:41 AM

I've opened my place to deer hunters almost every year since I bought it in 1979. Made many friends, weathered a few "clowns" and had lots of great comraderie. I started it through the old North American Hunting Club's swap hunt program. Have hosted a lot of Pa people, but also hosted people from 21 states, and now even Canada. I intend to keep doing it as long as possible. Any season, any game.

flintlock hunter 10-13-2019 11:31 AM

This is a very generous offer, one which someone without a decent area to hunt and able to find the time off work should be jumping all over. Thank you for offering this oppurtunity to so many over the years. You HAVE to be a great guy on this merit alone!:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

gentleben 10-14-2019 07:46 AM

I once was dubbed "swap hunt king" by the NAHC. Then president Steve Burke told me "every time the words "swap hunt" are heard in the corporate offices, all who hear it would stand up in their cubicles and yell out your name". One of my best hunts was when about 15 or so of us from this site gathered here for a late season flintlock hunt, and we teamed up with Acorn20's gang who hunt near me. I can't remember how many deer were missed, but the laughter and comraderie were stellar, with the best comment by Binky. Heard him yell out "I need a dang weed eater to get through all these greenbriars"

My "core group" now consists of 5 members from this site, and two from the defunct NAHC,( which include 2 from Canada, and 2 from North Carolina) but even with that, I still have lots of alone hunting time, and that's why I have lots of room for more hunters like in the archery, early muzzy, and flintlock seasons, and there's always a chance to get into our core group. This is also a good opportunity for a parent/child set up as there are lots of squirrels around. It just is hard to believe no-one wants to take advantage of my hospitality.

NorthernPotterCo 10-14-2019 09:31 PM

gentleben what does NAHC stand for

gentleben 10-15-2019 12:23 AM

North American Hunting Club