The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Big Game Hunting Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/21-big-game-hunting-forum/)
-   -   R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/21-big-game-hunting-forum/291237-r-i-p-pennsylvania-hunting-tradition.html)

Cscott1 04-09-2019 08:56 AM

R.I.P. Pennsylvania hunting tradition

With their vote this morning the board of commissioners has murdered over 60 years of deer hunting tradition in Pennsylvania. This move in my opinion proves either that they have lost all touch with what is really in the hearts and minds of Pennsylvania hunters and what is truly best or that they are merely puppets and we’re cold to do this. Either way things do not look good. Of course most who wanted the Monday opener will move on and continue hunting but there will be some possibly many who were only continuing to hunt because they strongly valued the traditions of they had spent their whole life practicing this will end that for them.

Wingatchtochwilsit 04-09-2019 08:59 AM

Cscott1 04-09-2019 09:15 AM

You may be right, when the board quits caring about the hunters it is supposed to be for it just might be time to panic.

Wingatchtochwilsit 04-09-2019 09:17 AM

Only time will tell if it was a case of "quit caring" or "tough love"....

indianahunter 04-09-2019 09:18 AM

11 Attachment(s)
I thought antler restrictions and herd reduction already killed it? Or was it concurrent seasons? 250 " of orange? Bonus tags? Dmap? WMU'S? No camp rosters? One deer n done? Xbows? In lines? October youth n sr hunt? Special regs seasons?

elk yinzer 04-09-2019 09:19 AM

My heart would be heavy too if something I love was murdered by the government. What a crying shame. Oh the social injustice! Take a few days to grieve.

What can we bicker about next?

Wingatchtochwilsit 04-09-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elk yinzer (Post 3524299)
What can we bicker about next?

Well, the anterless allocations should be released shortly... I think that's up next on the bickering agenda... unless it got bumped a slot by the FO changes...

Hunter58 04-09-2019 09:31 AM

Really? People will STOP deer hunting because it opens Saturday NOT Monday? Maybe those people will be off set by those hunters who could not get Monday off. I love to hunt. I missed a few Monday openings because of work but it did not stop my tradition of hunting. I was not happy with the change to doe season years back. BUT I did not let it impact my "Tradition" of HUNTING. If you consider
quitting hunting because f what day of the week deer season starts I would ask what is your tradition?

Cscott1 04-09-2019 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hunter58 (Post 3524311)
Really? People will STOP deer hunting because it opens Saturday NOT Monday? Maybe those people will be off set by those hunters who could not get Monday off. I love to hunt. I missed a few Monday openings because of work but it did not stop my tradition of hunting. I was not happy with the change to doe season years back. BUT I did not let it impact my "Tradition" of HUNTING. If you consider
quitting hunting because f what day of the week deer season starts I would ask what is your tradition?

turn that directly around and say it to anyone who supported the Saturday change.

steelhead125 04-09-2019 09:33 AM

I do feel bad for the camp owners out there with the Saturday opener getting final approval. It sucks for a lot of these guys for many reasons. There is no denying things will never be quite the same again for them. I also believe over time the wounds will heel. If I start going to camp for rifle my plan will be to take Friday off so we will have time to prepare.
It will be interesting to see the final results when the first season is under our belts. Are guys still going to be willing to travel ? Are the woods locally going to be more crowded ? How will it effect the buck harvest ? Maybe there won’t be any noticeable differences at all ? So many unknowns. Should be interesting.