The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Parker Tornado limbs

2K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  arrowhead 
#1 ·
I bought a nice Parker Tornado even though I read about the limbs exploding due to the lifetime warranty. So much for that.
I just replaced all the cables and string and filled the freezer in September. I love this crossbow. Sad news so I called and gave them my condolences and asked about parts avalibility.
I was told if I understand correctly they will all end up somewhere after 12-31-2018.
I don’t want to be left with a paperweight so I asked to just buy limbs now. The said they will not sell limbs but I can buy an entire front end for $175 (I’m guessing plus shipping).
Any opinions as to if this is worth it ?
It is an amazing rig!
The other worry is up until this year I had always shot the required and recommended 1/2 moon nocks and then they changed their tune to only capture nocks.
My concern is years of shooting may have done some damage that my lifetime warranty will not help me with.
Plan B just get the Ravin

#6 ·
I bought a nice Parker Tornado even though I read about the limbs exploding due to the lifetime warranty. So much for that.
I just replaced all the cables and string and filled the freezer in September. I love this crossbow. Sad news so I called and gave them my condolences and asked about parts avalibility.
I was told if I understand correctly they will all end up somewhere after 12-31-2018.
I don’t want to be left with a paperweight so I asked to just buy limbs now. The said they will not sell limbs but I can buy an entire front end for $175 (I’m guessing plus shipping).
Any opinions as to if this is worth it ?
It is an amazing rig!
The other worry is up until this year I had always shot the required and recommended 1/2 moon nocks and then they changed their tune to only capture nocks.
My concern is years of shooting may have done some damage that my lifetime warranty will not help me with.
Plan B just get the Ravin

if you buy the front end, all you have to do is unbolt the old one, and bolt the new one on, if you ever need to. no need for a crossbow press or pro shop.

buy two at that price.

#7 ·
I have a parker and my dad has 2. All are 2012 models and older. The only issue we have had is mine split the limb last yr, was replaced under warranty. I personally look at it this way. I spent about $400-500 each for these bows. Only had 1 issue. Its possible I could have another issue this week, or 10 years down the road. Whats to say the front end I buy as a "spare" won't have an issue either. It could last a month, or 10 yrs. I'm just going to opt to use my bow as long as I can and whenever the time comes it breaks I'll just buy a new one at that point. I'm sure by that time the bows will be more advanced, etc....at least that's my hope and plan.

#15 ·
I too absolutely love my Tornado... I own the first year generation model. I've always obeyed the 400 grains minimum bolt weight..
I have zero issues with it other than it's hard on serving material.. I've use moon nocks since day one but switch over to capture nocks when Parker announced to do so. The capture nocks actually improved the accuracy. So for now I'll keep using it.. my specs are #165 lb. 310 fps. GT Laser ll brass insert with 100 gr. slick trick mags. it's killed everything I hit with it so far...

BUT !!! if with would blow up..... my next crossbow will most likely be the Mathews Sub 1 hopefully that would be for a awhile...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.