The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/)
-   -   Favre to the Eagles?!?!?! (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/25170-favre-eagles.html)

WADMAN 07-25-2011 02:01 AM

Favre to the Eagles?!?!?!

ESPN just mentioned possibility of Philadelphia signing Fare as a backup to Vick. Last night Vick uses Twitter to say he would be honored to have Brett as a backup! Post was soon removed... Cat outta the bag a little early?

eyefromthesky 07-25-2011 02:09 AM

Re: Favre to the Eagles?!?!?!

boondocker 07-25-2011 02:11 AM

My thoughts too!! I thought it was going to be a Favre free year..but noooo!

steelerfan58 07-25-2011 02:13 AM

No way Favre's ego would ever allow that. And I don't care what they say, it would have Vick looking over his shoulder, and he shouldn't have to do that. He was brilliant last year. And why would they spend the king's ransom that Favre would demand just to have him hold a clipboard.

Brett, it's over. Go play golf, chase college girls, and start writing your HOF speech. You are simply tarnishing what was once an impeccable legend.

Danesdad 07-25-2011 05:05 AM

I think this would be great for the city of Philadelphia. Another boneheaded move by a Philly sports team insuring that they wont reach the pinnacle of their sport. At least the Phillies get it right (which, in baseball, means spend a lot on payroll and you'll have a good team).

Q2XL12 07-25-2011 01:14 PM

Last week Favre was linked to Carolina as a special assistant to work with Newton. They both have the same agent.

PossumBackstrap 07-25-2011 01:28 PM

Maybe Reid just wants his corners to learn in practice how to catch more INTs?

Backwoods 07-25-2011 01:45 PM

If Farve wants to coach or be an assistant somewhere by all means. His experience would be very valuable to a young Cam Newton or Jake Locker. Playing though....more importanly as a back up, what's the point.

Brett, you have 11 Pro Bowls, 3 MVPs, and a Super Bowl ring why on Earth would you come back to be the back up?

I can understand having so much passion for something that you relentlessly pursue it but there are other ways to be part of the game. Quit tarnishing your Hall of Fame resume.

bearhunter jay 07-25-2011 03:17 PM

It's Not just Brett.He is big money for the league. Even if he is just a backup.They want him in spotlight as long as possible.And the way Vick plays its very possible to see him a few times.

Dan Castle 07-25-2011 03:35 PM

not gonna happen. just a stupid rumor. they've probably been talking to him during the lockout but theres no reason for that headache.