The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Muzzleloader Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/24-muzzleloader-forum/)
-   -   Another Inline Choice (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/24-muzzleloader-forum/24871-another-inline-choice.html)

zeek 07-20-2011 02:30 AM

Another Inline Choice

I have been looking at getting an inline. I mostly use my flintlock or borrow my brother's inline if I need it. Ihis year I will be spending a good amount of time in West Virginia and decided to get an inline to hunt with as I cannot take my brother's.
A local shop has a used T/C Triumph (synthetic/weather shield) for $300. It appears to be in pretty good shape and I might be able to get it for a little cheaper.
I could get a new T/C Impact for $250 - $350 depending on stock and barrel choice.
I am planning on getting a T/C inline but don't know which to get. I don't want to spend a large amount of money so that is why I am also looking at the used guns.
Which should I go with?
Is there anything in particular I should be looking at in the used gun that could be a bad sign?

Ol' Crow 07-20-2011 03:26 AM

Re: Another Inline Choice

I don't know much about all the different muzzleloaders out there, I would venture to say that you could get an argument about any one of them, as to being the best, however, I love my T/C Encore PH.
If you get a reasonable price on one of the top mfg'ers, it should do the trick.
Good luck.

NanookOdaNorth 07-20-2011 02:54 PM

Look into an Omega Z5, pretty affordable and has good bloodlines!

dont 07-20-2011 03:43 PM

for that price range a good shooter with impressive smack down power. Do not over look a winchester apex 209 magnum. I load mine with 125 777 with a 240 grain hornady xtp with a mmp sabot and it will deliver out to 180 yards flat all day long. Put a good scope on it and you will have a awsome shooting machine.

Landngroove 07-20-2011 10:53 PM

Go to Gunbroker.com You may be surprised at prices of a new Omega. Some just over $300.00

Okie Hog 07-21-2011 01:09 AM

The TC Black Diamond is an excellent inline rifle known for its accuracy. It is no longer made and can usually be bought for less than $175.

Andy1 07-21-2011 12:46 PM

I would look to the T/C/ Omega or one of its off-shoots.
great rifle

TATERDAVID 07-21-2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okie Hog
The TC Black Diamond is an excellent inline rifle known for its accuracy. It is no longer made and can usually be bought for less than $175.

x2 or a system1

frontier gander 07-22-2011 12:10 AM

i wouldnt go with an exposed ignition gun. Much better systems now that are more reliable.

zeek 07-22-2011 12:46 AM

Thanks for the input guys. I will keep it in mind although I have put the inline purchase on the backburner for now. I realized I am going to spend a lot of money on ammo to shoot 2 of the guns I do have. The inline might turn into christmas or birthday gift though.