Posted:
May 3, 2017 11:17 AM
Representative Barry J. Jozwiak
To:
All House members
Subject:
Hunting License Fee Increase
-
In the near future, I intend to introduce legislation that would increase certain hunting license fees issued by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. The legislation will provide for the following increases:

Adult resident hunting $19 to $29
Bear hunting resident $15 to $20
Bear hunting nonresident $35 to $40
Antlerless deer resident $5 to $10
Antlerless deer nonresident $25 to $40
Archery deer resident $15 to $20
Archery deer nonresident $25 to $40
Muzzleloader deer resident $10 to $20
Muzzleloader deer nonresident $20 to $40
Adult nonresident hunting $100 to $150
Seven-day nonresident small game $30 to $50
Adult resident furtaker $19 to $29
Adult nonresident furtaker $80 to $100
Migratory game bird resident $2 to $5
Migratory game bird nonresident $5 to $10
Special wild turkey resident $20 to $25
Special wild turkey nonresident $40 to $50

New categories of licenses:
Senior nonresident hunting $100
Senior nonresident furtaker $80
Senior nonresident combo hunting and furtaker $150
Ultimate outdoor combo (bear, archery,
muzzleloader, furtaker, migratory game bird,
special wild turkey)
resident $110

Please consider joining me, as a co-sponsor of this legislation. Thank you.

See less See more
#5 ·
The big jump in non-resident fees could drive away a lot of hunters. I have non-residents come in to hunt a weekend with me and dont mind paying $30 for a 2-3 day hunt, not sure how they will feel about paying $50. Same with the full non-resident jumping to $150; I can hunt NY for only $100.

I see there still isnt a pheasant stamp being introduced, but yet when I take youth & father to hunt woodcock they will now need to pay $5 for that tag, a tag that is free in many other states.

#8 ·
I feel as a non-resident this proposed increase is fair. The 100-150 , well that's little salty but can deal with it. The tags aren't bad I'm much happier with this one then prior proposal. The antlerless tag could of stayed the same since it is such a management tool. There was earlier posts about charging the same price as other states does for non residents. I agree with that but after good thought it would be hard to compare due to every state has different limits. For example here in Md. we do that for non resident license of charging what other states do in return. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't. Years ago South Carolina charged something like 500.00 for general NR license. So in return Md. would charge a SC resident the same price to hunt here, kind of fair. So now to compare Md.- Pa. it would be hard and could create a big debate. Md. for there NR muzzy stamp includes a buck and doe = 2 deer on one stamp. Archery : buck and doe = 2 deer, General license buck and doe =2 deer. No doe license required or sold. So this would be hard to compare for these reasons. I'm just in favor of current proposal of extra few dollars for stamps, extra for general license , however will not get fur license anymore. I was never in to it that much and just bought them for general purpose but now wont spend the extra 100.00 for no reason.

#10 ·
According to the Pennsylvania Outdoor News the House Pennsylvania Game and Fisheries Committee met and didn’t pass a bill for the Pennsylvania Game Commission license increase, which they last did in 1999. To make things “fair,” they didn’t give one to the Fish and Boat Commission, either.
It looks like they are waiting for the state Auditor General to complete (or I should say start) an audit of the PGC automobile use that was supposed to begin last year. Now they say it won’t even start until sometime in 2018. At lease the Fish and Boat Commission got a heads up and has decided to look at its vehicle fleet without the legiscritters requesting an audit.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.