The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Sports (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/)
-   -   Dolphins May Offer Jim Harbaugh as Much as $8 Mill (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/92-sports/14242-dolphins-may-offer-jim-harbaugh-much-%248-mill.html)

Birch812 01-06-2011 04:02 PM

Dolphins May Offer Jim Harbaugh as Much as $8 Mill

Quote:

Dolphins May Offer Jim Harbaugh as Much as $8 Million to Coach, ESPN Says

By Mason Levinson - Jan 6, 2011

The Miami Dolphins are willing to make Jim Harbaugh the highest paid coach in the National Football League with a salary up to $8 million a year, ESPN reported on its website.

Dolphins owner Steve Ross, General Manager Jeff Ireland and former NFL executive Carl Peterson are scheduled to meet with Harbaugh today, a day after the Stanford University coach had a five-hour session with officials of the San Francisco 49ers, ESPN.com said, citing two unidentified sources.

Ross is prepared to offer Harbaugh, 47, an annual salary in the $7 million to $8 million range, ESPN said.

Harbaugh, who led the Cardinal (12-1) to a 40-12 win over Virginia Tech on Jan. 3, is also a candidate to become coach at the University of Michigan, where he played quarterback in the 1980s. Michigan fired Rich Rodriguez yesterday after he posted a 15-22 record in three years.

The Dolphins have yet to fire coach Tony Sparano, who led Miami to its second-straight 7-9 season. In three seasons with the team, Sparano has a 25-23 record.

BuckRub00 01-06-2011 04:38 PM

Re: Dolphins May Offer Jim Harbaugh as Much as $8 Mill

Gruden turned miami down yesterday @ 7 mil a year https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/i...lies/blush.gif

Q2XL12 01-06-2011 06:00 PM

8 million to a coach who has never been a HC in the NFL and you still technically have a coach under contract? Interesting.

BuckRub00 01-06-2011 06:38 PM

Thats the new ownership, thats why parcells bolted.

Q2XL12 01-06-2011 09:42 PM

who are all the owners down there now? Aint it Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin and the Williams sisters? Or something to that effect?

Q2XL12 01-07-2011 02:13 PM

the Fins decided to stay with Sparano after not being able to work out a deal with Harbaugh.

I don't understand why teams do this when they already have a coach in place. If they want to go in a new direction, why not just fire the guy first.

If I was Sparano, I would feel like I just got spit in my face. That has to knock down morale.

RIZ 01-07-2011 03:06 PM

money, sparano like a paycheck as much as the next guy. don't most of you swallow your pride at some point and keep on working?

Goldfinger 01-07-2011 04:34 PM

Believe me the local papers down here were saying the same thing, that he should just split. The whole team just about bashed him on the radio stations down here, he should just walk away.

Q2XL12 01-07-2011 04:37 PM

Ricky Williams definately didnt have anything good to say about him but I thought I read Brandon Marshall wanted him to come back

RIZ 01-07-2011 05:37 PM

so the players should have asay in the coach?