The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Trapping Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/26-trapping-forum/)
-   -   FHA sale results (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/26-trapping-forum/133679-fha-sale-results.html)

Forestman3 01-27-2016 03:37 PM

FHA sale results

trapperrick 01-27-2016 09:50 PM

Re: FHA sale results

Ouch!

Eastern Red Fox looked OK even though only 58% of them sold.

Unless you're trapping wolverine, it looks pretty rough.

Berky 01-27-2016 11:29 PM

Yep! All those Reds that been selling for $5 and $8 at the district sales should turn a profit if they can get em turned around in time.

charman03 01-27-2016 11:51 PM

I'm pretty sure PA fox don't go as easterns at FHA

Berky 01-28-2016 12:00 AM

The way the grading has been going, who knows what goes where..

smith101 01-28-2016 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charman03
I'm pretty sure PA fox don't go as easterns at FHA

I was thinking the same.

CoonDuke 01-28-2016 11:32 AM

PA fox usually grade Centrals from what I understand. So FHA didn't sell ANY.

Hopefully the NAFA sale will shed some light where the fox market is.

There have been rumors of certain buyers paying $20-$25 for red fox. I do not believe the market is there. I hope I am wrong because I have fox to sell but I believe the market is much closer to a $10 average than a $20.

I could buy a fur buyers license and set up shop and buy some coon at $100 a piece. That sure doesn't mean there is a hundred dollar coon market.

smith101 01-28-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoonDuke
There have been rumors of certain buyers paying $20-$25 for red fox. I do not believe the market is there. I hope I am wrong because I have fox to sell but I believe the market is much closer to a $10 average than a $20.

X2 on the average...

As far as the rumors, I believe it's a buyer just flexing and or provoking to give those glory figures...... Of course I must say, if a buyer that foolish would give me a $20 avg. when every other buyer is half that, I would take the fools money too....

CoonDuke 01-29-2016 12:46 AM

Agreed. Maybe some know something others do not. I sure hope so.

Beaglador Rtrvr 01-29-2016 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoonDuke
PA fox usually grade Centrals from what I understand. So FHA didn't sell ANY.

Hopefully the NAFA sale will shed some light where the fox market is.

I could buy a fur buyers license and set up shop and buy some coon at $100 a piece. That sure doesn't mean there is a hundred dollar coon market.

What did I miss??? The red fox grades shown were eastern/northern/western- which one is central?