The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/)
-   Trapping Forum (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/26-trapping-forum/)
-   -   Coyotes in Buck/Lehigh County (https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/26-trapping-forum/131821-coyotes-buck-lehigh-county.html)

duhunter 12-16-2015 06:15 PM

Coyotes in Buck/Lehigh County

For those that trap in the Bucks/Lehigh counties, I'm wondering how frequent coyotes are in this area now days? I live and hunt (do a little water trapping) in the area and have not seen any yotes but have heard that they are around. Climbing from the tree last week shortly after dark I heard some high pitched barking across the field. No one else around in this area so it made me think it might be a yote. What do you guys think?

bbarcheryhunter 12-16-2015 08:31 PM

Re: Coyotes in Buck/Lehigh County

Yes lots where we hunt !! We hunt in Warminster north Hampton township

Buzzzzz 12-17-2015 09:55 AM

I live/trap on Berks Lehigh border. I notice that they seem more prevalent the closer you get to the Blue Mountains. They are in my immediate area, but not prevalent or pervasive yet. I had significant activity in my area two seasons ago, but have not seen any sign since then.

PhiPatch074 12-17-2015 10:12 AM

http://m.wfmz.com/lehigh-valley-regi...nship/26955966

Saw this last year. I live near the Northampton / Lehigh county border. I've only seen one at night while driving, and don't predator hunt, but I imagine there are quite a few around. In fact, I remember one entering a shopping center during the day a few years ago in the Lehigh Valley. There definitely are a ton of foxes around these parts though, see them all the time.

Bloodonthevanes 12-17-2015 10:15 PM

I am perkasie/sellersville area and we had one visiting the back yard a year or so ago. Every morning for a couple weeks. I am right near grand view hospital. I see them dead on route 309 from quakertown to hilltown every year. As for trapping em, I stake for them and cross my fingers to get one but have yet to see one in my steel. I think there is a nice population in mid bucks from what I read but access to them is tough with everything private. Would love to know some tips or secrets of anyone that has had success in the Bucks co area

Zrabfan30 12-17-2015 10:56 PM

Been hearing they're around, and saw sign this year. Couple days ago had a fox all bit to heck, don't know how she wasn't dead. Then this morning I had a popped jaw 1.75 Victor, in a remake of a fox catch yesterday. Yote tracks all around and a little whitish fur. So, time for the bigger artillery. Read it every year where they move in on locations, and I feel I am becoming victim as well. Eastern Berks area.

BOOTOXEN 12-18-2015 12:02 AM

I shot one late summer in eastern berks. Have one on camera twice in the last 2 weeks. In a few weeks I'll have them close to the house due to the goose carcasses I place in the field out back. Otherwise they tear my trash up to get at them. Fox,cats, and yotes. Very sppoky when i come out early morning for hunting and I hear then walking and howling.

BOOTOXEN 12-21-2015 01:19 AM

saw 3 this am! wish I had a rifle

Buzzzzz 12-21-2015 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zrabfan30
Been hearing they're around, and saw sign this year. Couple days ago had a fox all bit to heck, don't know how she wasn't dead. Then this morning I had a popped jaw 1.75 Victor, in a remake of a fox catch yesterday. Yote tracks all around and a little whitish fur. So, time for the bigger artillery. Read it every year where they move in on locations, and I feel I am becoming victim as well. Eastern Berks area.

I had a sprung bridger #2 this morning and another set torn up without digging up the trap. using homemade fox gland lure at one of the sets and a coyote gland lure at other.