The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

2015 Year Sheds

50K views 203 replies 64 participants last post by  Limbhanger835 
#1 ·
Well, I thought I would get the ball rolling on this since I've been hearing of so many bucks dropping their antlers, and seeing it in one case as well. I'm waiting till after late season to get after them. How about you guys?

#6 ·
I was fortunate enough to pick up a matched set from a nine point on Dec 21. It was as early as i have found them ever. Apparently he stepped on my trap and left his antlers as a calling card! Did not help things that this was the same buck i missed on the last day of riffle season !

#11 ·
Seeing a lot of broken up bucks from the rut. Have 3 deer with rifle wounds all have shed out. Saw one large buck shedded out late December. Found a fresh little guy tonight. To early to go into bedding areas, just recon on the edges and move it late march! I picked up a lot of pa bone last year so different weather offer different challenges.

#12 ·
Found this little piece of an antler in a place where I have pics of bucks fighting. No sheds yet, but I have kept out of any of the good areas, hoping to avoid scaring them. Then in mid-late February I will start to hit up the more pressured areas to get the sheds before others, hopefully.

#16 ·
Browning7 said:
Found 2 this afternoon in VA..one fresh spike with blood on base and one old shed from last year..feels good to break the ice early!! Try and get pics up this weekend
Sweet, glad to hear you "broke the ice". I hope you can find many more this year!

#19 ·
Was able to slip out last evening and cover some open country for about an hour and a half and was able to pick up # 3 and #4 . A fresh 3 pt side and a 5 pt antler from last year. Have seen a lot of buck in the last couple of weeks and am looking forward to covering some ground. Will try and post pics this weekend ! Bonedown

#20 ·
Well, it's official.. I think I found a shed in just about the oddest place possible! I was getting ready to take a walk to look for sheds, and I had to pass the barn on our property to get there. It is being torn down, as it was sold
so I decided to stop and see how it was coming.

So I am standing there taking pictures, etc. , and I just randomly looked over toward the grain room, and saw THIS (from a little farther away)

Low and behold, its a shed!!! I had been in the grain room this past summer looking for meal worms for fishing bait, but this was in the wall of the grain room! There used to be lots of rats, and this is an older shed... I am wondering if a critter drug it in there??? Either way, its a pretty cool way to start my shed season!!!!!

Didn't find any on the walk, but that one in the barn made my walk before I even started!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.