camping/fishing NEPA - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

camping/fishing NEPA

Ok, so my buddy and I decided we're gonna take a camping trip this summer without the wives and kids, however, neither of us knows anywhere that fits our requirements.

We are looking for a place, not a campground, near a body of water that we can pitch two tents, have a small cook fire, and drink/shoot the breeze at night, and possibly fish during the day. We really do not want a campground, or place where tons of people are going to camping near us. Anyone have any suggestions? Feel free to PM me if you don't want the spot to be public knowledge.

Even better if there is enough space for me to set up my archery target and get some practice in when we're not fishing or drinking. Neither one of us mind if there is hiking involved to get to the spot, we're both outdoors oriented anyway.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: camping/fishing NEPA

You can camp along the Delaware river in certain spots, it's better with a canoe.
It is said that there is trout in the stream that runs along a portion of the thunder swamp trail system. You can camp anywhere along the trail. Stillwater "lake" is another option along a portion of the thunder swamp trail, I don't know how the fishing is though.
Not sure if you can camp overnight but Bruce lake (near promised land) sounds like it would meet your requirements. If overnight camping is aloud it would be a good spot because it's a couple mile walk and I doubt too many people will be back there.

You can primitve camp in state forests following there rules.
Look at a state forest map in the area you want to be and look for a trail that runs close to a body of water.

Here are a couples links to check out.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/forestry...ping/index.htm

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/info/dcn...px#Backpacking

Primitive Camping Guidelines and Ethics:

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/ucmprd1/...cnr_001910.pdf

"Now that you brought that up hang onto your paddle, and if ya hit any rocks don't hit em with ya head" Lewis
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Re: camping/fishing NEPA

Thanks for the info, I'll be checking the links out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page