7 points campground at Raystown - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

7 points campground at Raystown

Hey all getting back into camping after several years.We just made reservations here and was wondering if anyone has camped here before. We will be at spots 178 and 179 on the Senoia loop.Inlaws will be in their motorhome and we will be tenting. Also inlaws are bringing their boat along(19 foot open bow runabout). What I'm wondering is if there is anywhere to rent bicycles and a canoe or a pedal boat? Planning on doing some fishing, tubing and a whole lot of relaxing! Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Don

Also does anyone know how to get internet access there? Is there cell phone service there?

Callin all trucks this here's the Duck, we about to go hunting bear!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: 7 points campground at Raystown

if your going camping, leave the laptop and cell phone at home.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Wow that was helpful. Thank you.

Seriously the reason we are hoping for internet access is to help keep my 2 grandchildren occupied with netflix, especially if it rains or something. As far as cell phone service, we are going with 2 other families and want to be able to keep in contact for meal times and minor things like that.
It would be nice to leave the laptop and cell phone at home,and will leave them if there is no service for them.
So if anyone knows and can post a helpful answer I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks, Don

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

A lot of the lake has cell signal but not all of it. You should be good there, no idea of internet.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 01:27 AM
Part of the Community

There is no internet that I know of. We go there a few times a summer. Most of the area has cell coverage. You'd probably need to drive into Huntingdon for wi-fi. That's about 15 to 20 minutes. I've never seen bike, canoe or pedal boat rentals although you can rent jet skis at the marina. The Seven Points Bait and Grocery just outside the Lake Project entrance has everything you need should you forget something, but you'll pay for it. Better to stop at Walmart at Rt. 26 and 22 before heading out. If you have any other questions, let me know. I love it there.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-30-2011, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Thank You Keystone, Thats the kind of info I was lookin for.I appreciate it and I prolly will have some more questions as we get a lil closer to the date. If so ,I will surely be askin. Thanks again, Don

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:35 PM
klb
Part of the Community

I grew up near Raystown - some of the ammenities have changed. I am told there is a newish bike/outdoor store in Huntingdon - they would know where to rent bikes if there is a bike rental place. 7 points and Lake Raystown Resort are the only 2 marinas. The resort may rent paddle boats - I don't think 7 Points does. Cell service is spotty on the lake itself but you should be fine in the campground. The Raystown Lake Visitors Center is worth seeing. Senoia is a new loop that didn't exist when I camped regularly (1990s). Probably means that the sites will be flat and have nicer bathrooms.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in