Memorial weekend - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-10-2011, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Memorial weekend

Where's everyone headed to camp on Memorial weekend this year? We're headed to Union county to camp with some friends.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 AM
RB
Sage

Re: Memorial weekend

We will be camping at Buckaloons Campground...2 miles from the house , fun times both at home and the campground that weekend as alot of our seasonal neighbors open up their cottages that weekend. We actually will be taking the camper there early and be spending evenings there before the big weekend.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Nothing wrong with camping close by. We do that also down at Muddy Run campground which is only about 4 miles from my house.

We mainly travel to campgrounds in PA as there are so many good one's, including the SP's.

We are making a trek to Virginia later in the year.

Where have you been? I had to work late... Oh these? Yeah, it was 'camo day' at work again .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not sure where we are going this memorial weekend. For the past four years we always went to Ricketts Glen. We bought a new camper last year but now need a better tow vehicle.
We'll probably either go to the cabin, maybe tent camp somewhere or head up to the Adirondacks and do some canoe/kayak camping.

"Now that you brought that up hang onto your paddle, and if ya hit any rocks don't hit em with ya head" Lewis
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Same thing happened to me... bought a new camper and then ended up buying a new truck a few months later. Didn't intend to, but the vehicle I had just didn't have enough juice to do the pulling.

Sounds like you have some great options Tracker. Been through and around the Adirondacks, but have never really explored that area yet.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Part of the Community

I'll be tent camping along a certain branch of the tionesta creek 2 miles from my camp. been camping there for the past 9 years on memorial day weekend. i'm going to be selfish and not get too detailed about the location so i can keep this pristine spot to my family and friends. nothing like being woke up first light by gobblers sounding off merely a few hundred yards up the ridge. Then getting up and pulling holdover rainbows and brownies out of the creek taking a few pictures for the memories and putting them right back in. Then when the heat of the afternoon sneaks up on us... taking a ride on the homemade zip line and dropping into the deep swimming hole to escapes the suns heat. Letting the kids roam freely along the creek to explore and create lasting memories whether they are catching minnows, finding turtles, picking flowers for their mothers, and just living life and most importantly being free. What better time to be free then memorial weekend when we are all reminded that we can enjoy places and times like these due to the bravery and courage of our soldiers... dead or alive. Thank you to all that has served. We fly our country's flag at our campsite proudly and we will never forget those who have given up so much for us to be able to enjoy life like we do.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-14-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Sage

Quote:
What better time to be free then memorial weekend when we are all reminded that we can enjoy places and times like these due to the bravery and courage of our soldiers... dead or alive. Thank you to all that has served. We fly our country's flag at our campsite proudly and we will never forget those who have given up so much for us to be able to enjoy life like we do.
Amen to that!!

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-17-2011, 11:13 PM
Frequent Contributor

Little Pine State Park.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

We'll be spending the long weekend in Erie. Love going up to the lake. Just hope it doesn't snow, we've had that up there on Memorial Weekend before. lol

Holy Cheese and Crackers!
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Frequent Contributor

I'll be at camp along Bluejay Creek with the wife, kids, dog, my dad/mom and hopefully another family of friends. You guys are dead on...taking in a slice of the PA wild with family and friends IS the best way to remember our heroes.

I have CDO, its like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order the way they should be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page