Bzette Store Campground? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By dce

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Bzette Store Campground?

Anyone know if the water is good at the Benezette Store Campground or is it sulphur smelling water? My guess is sulfur smelling. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2017, 12:53 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'm very familiar with the campground as our camp is in the same general area.
But I cant comment on the water, other than to say it is no doubt regularly tested as for being safe for consumption.
The sulphor odor problem in itself isn't an issue other than the odor and taste.
Many wells in that area have that issue, including our own at our camp.
We find it to be more noticeable when we first arrive after periods of low/no water use, and it gets better the more we use the water.
To the point it becomes not much of an issue at all.
So its entirely possible that a heavy use well like the campgrounds might be just fine.
We do have plastic milk cases with 4 gallon jugs each we take to a nearby spring for water we drink and make coffee with.
But depending on who makes the coffee, it dosent always get used, and as a rule draws no comments.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 10:39 PM
The Man

I can't comment on that specific water either. But the sulphur smell is from high iron content which is very common throughout PA. Cabels's sells those hand pump water filters. I think the one on my mind is made by Katahdin. Run the water through one of those filters and it will be fine. In fact, with one of those filters, you can pump right out of any stream also.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kudu58 View Post
I can't comment on that specific water either. But the sulphur smell is from high iron content which is very common throughout PA. Cabels's sells those hand pump water filters. I think the one on my mind is made by Katahdin. Run the water through one of those filters and it will be fine. In fact, with one of those filters, you can pump right out of any stream also.
Lol, could be tough hooking up to my camper.
Sulphur water is from a combination of sulfur and oxygen, hydrogen sulfides, not iron. I have heavy iron at my house and do not have smell.

I'll have to look for a filter put inline with my water hookup to accomplish what you describe. Thanks

Last edited by TPlank; 04-14-2017 at 01:59 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 01:57 PM
dce
Sage

I never stay there but we camp with our horses at the one right next to it on the other side of the white fence.Can't say I ever remember a problem with the water.
TPlank likes this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 03:46 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPlank View Post
Lol, could be tough hooking up to my camper.
Sulphur water is from a combination of sulfur and oxygen, hydrogen sulfides, not iron. I have heavy iron at my house and do not have smell.

I'll have to look for a filter put inline with my water hookup to accomplish what you describe. Thanks
Ah, I see, it's for a camper. Yes that would be tough. I was thinking tent camping because that's the way I usually go.

The Benezette store has a website with their phone number on it. I'd call them and ask if there is a sulphur smell to the water. They run the campground. I'm sure they'll tell you. Either way, depending on the hookup your camper has, it should be an easy trip to Lowe' s or HomeDepot to scrounge up an inline sed filter and rig it up to your camper.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page