new travel trailer list - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
sip
New Arrival

new travel trailer list

I just purchased a new to me Travel Trailer.
I upgraded form a pop up trailer to a used 22ft
Fleetwood Wilderness. the previous owner was upgrading so I need to purchase some equipment for this to use it to its capacity.
I know I need
wheel chocks
hose for sewage
fresh water hose
normal hose
some sort of leveler system for side to side( are cut up 2x8's ok for that or is that a pain)
some tools basic kit /jack/tire iron
is there anything else i am missing?
I have lanterns stoves etc from the popup it is just the water/waste systems that are new to me.
I cant wait to go trout fishing!!
thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 09:47 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: new travel trailer list

In line water filter
RV antifreeze, incold weather dump all tanks and open low drains, drain hot water heater,leave prv open on hwh. use water pump to siphon rv antifreeze thru [pipes and out of all faucets.. About a gallon should do all pipes. Pour some in the traps and on top of the toilet gate. You should be able to valve off water heater so nor antifreeze for that.
Black water tank needs tank enzymes,powder or liquid
Spare fuses
Battery charger/small generator if remote camping.
Spare light bulbs
In warmer weather dump your hot water heater when you are not using. If you leavre water in it unheated it will have a chemical reaction to the zinc parts of the tank and the next time you use it with the old water it will smell like sulpher. Not harmful, just stinks. remedy is to fill hot water heater with water and a teaspoon of bleach , let it sit for a few hours,flush. Do this anyway at the beginning of the season to sterilize the holding tank and hwh

You will expand the list as you use the camper more.

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
sip
New Arrival

Thank you for the info.
This is all new to me so any info to help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 01:09 PM
Part of the Community

Years ago we made the mistake of letting water in the hot water tank for a few weeks in hot weather. Smelled so bad you couldn't stand to go in the trailer. Took a lot of bleaching and rinsing to get rid of it. I replaced my anode rod with one that has the quick drain no tools needed valve works really good. Also I replaced the end caps that drain the lines with turn valves. Found those in the pex section at my local hardware store. The best advice is if you have friends or know someone that has a travel trailer have them go over everything with you. Rv components aren't cheap so you don't want to make any mistakes. Have fun with your new trailer!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 12:37 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald Jager
In line water filter
RV antifreeze, incold weather dump all tanks and open low drains, drain hot water heater,leave prv open on hwh. use water pump to siphon rv antifreeze thru [pipes and out of all faucets.. About a gallon should do all pipes. Pour some in the traps and on top of the toilet gate. You should be able to valve off water heater so nor antifreeze for that.
Spare fuses
Spare light bulbs
In warmer weather dump your hot water heater when you are not using. If you leavre water in it unheated it will have a chemical reaction to the zinc parts of the tank and the next time you use it with the old water it will smell like sulpher. Not harmful, just stinks. remedy is to fill hot water heater with water and a teaspoon of bleach , let it sit for a few hours,flush. Do this anyway at the beginning of the season to sterilize the holding tank and hwh

This is a good list. Once you use your camper a few times you'll figure out addition items you might need. We've moved up from a pop-up to a trailer several years ago and we still are finding stuff we should pack away. Good luck and enjoy your trailer.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 11:45 AM Thread Starter
sip
New Arrival

thank you for your responses.
I am going to go camping with my buddy that has a trailer as well for the first time or two.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 10:35 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca Lunker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald Jager
In line water filter
Spare fuses
Spare light bulbs

This is a good list. Once you use your camper a few times you'll figure out addition items you might need. We've moved up from a pop-up to a trailer several years ago and we still are finding stuff we should pack away. Good luck and enjoy your trailer.
That's part of the problem. keep adding stuff and wind up with so much stuff stored in all the little spots you forget you have it and can't find it when you need it. Tearing the camper apart lookin.

"Lazy people think of the easy way to do the hard stuff"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page