Any good news? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Send a message via AIM to TributeArcher
Any good news?

I know we constantly hear from the people that are opposed to gas drilling in PA... Even tho it has been going on for 125 years..... But my question is... Does anyone have good stories? like... I got a well on my property and the operators of the well planted a food plot for me.... the money from the royalties helped pay my taxes.... helped pay for my crops this year??? free gas??

"In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals."
-Charles Darwin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Sage

Re: Any good news?

Yep. Range Resources got in contact with QDMA and asked for food plot recommendations. We're busy making them a list of mixes, seed companies, etc. that will be very wildlife friendly.

I certainly appreciate their pro-active approach!

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

thats awesome! As long as the growth comes back every year, that is a great thing.

"In the struggle for survival, the fittest win out at the expense of their rivals."
-Charles Darwin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Sage

We're giving them several different mixture choices, and instructions for the land owner for each to maintain them.

The landowner can pick the mix that best meets their desired goals. It'll be a good thing I hope!

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:09 AM
Sage

In the process of repaving our road right now. Doing a nice job too! Contracted Glen Hawbaker a Pa firm and paid for by Talisman, not the taxpayers.

wmu 3A
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

just remember when picking seed, under Well site restorations in 25 PA CODE i thnk its 102.11- well site restoration falls on the operator.... so they are going to want to plant something that comes back every year. clover being a huge percentage.

-Charles Darwin
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
In the process of repaving our road right now. Doing a nice job too! Contracted Glen Hawbaker a Pa firm and paid for by Talisman, not the taxpayers
Hawbecker is currently repaving one PADOT road in the twp. my camp is in, after PADOT closed that road to gas exploration traffic. Pretty sure the gas companies had bonded that road for repairs?

Here's the thing: The part that Hawbecker is redoing now, was always a gravel road that PADOT had just oiled/chipped over some years ago, without ever improving the stone base, so it never really stayed together. They just patched it each spring, after the normal winter "heave" and spring thaw. Blaming gas company traffic for destroying this road, was a joke. It wasn't really much of a road prior to the gas drilling.

Novus has two wells in the twp. and although they didn't bond every twp. gravel road in the area, they did regrade/repair all of them this spring. Any soft spots from winter travel, were dug up and filled with crushed limestone (not gravel). Whether gas trucks had used the road, or not.

Those roads are now in very good shape, some are now better than the twp. ever kept them, prior to the gas exploration.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 05:09 PM
Frequent Contributor

DennyF
So are these township roads or PennDOT roads?

Don't judge a man for what he has done but for what he has left behind...Hunts and lives in 3B
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Sage

Think I'd clearly explained that? I'll go back and highlight it.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Frequent Contributor

Sorry
When you said Gravel road, oiled & chipped thats what are township roads are up here and we got alot more township roads than PennDot roads.Are roads were made to see a milk truck go down them once or twice a week.Not 50 or 60 water/triaxle trucks a day.These are roads my wife and I take to work, kids take to school.Maybe they all should be PennDot roads then they would be evenly taxed through out the whole state.But I like my gravel roads, and I want to stay as far away from Rendall's armpits as I can.

Don't judge a man for what he has done but for what he has left behind...Hunts and lives in 3B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page