Water Hauling slowing down - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Water Hauling slowing down

Seems that the water truck industry is slowing down from what I see. The company that I work for has slowed down around here considerably. They have trucks now in Ohio and West Virginia, but slow as molassas around here. Wait till they get these pump stations up and running piping water where it needs to go. I might be looking for another job. It's getting alittle scary now.thanks for reading

Concept Archery Shooter.....99% Letoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 AM
The Man

Re: Water Hauling slowing down

From what I hear, it's going to be slow til 2014. That is when export should kick off and drive the price up a couple dollars, and is a sustained market....unlike Winter spikes.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 02:57 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

cool cant wait til 2014 $$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Frequent Contributor

News is here 1/13 all heck is gonna break loose ....a bunch of leases are getting ready to expire
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 05:12 PM
LDD
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz
From what I hear, it's going to be slow til 2014. That is when export should kick off and drive the price up a couple dollars, and is a sustained market....unlike Winter spikes.
So that's when energy independence starts for America...errr...I mean China...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 PM
The Man

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with exporting natural gas . We import oil????
If we export NG now, it will bring money into this country, this NG business. This money will help build infrastructer, pipelines, wells ..etc.....things to help this Country get switched over to useing our own energy.
As it stands now, their is no money to help with this.The Gov't is broke, NG prices in this Country are to low to supply enough money to build growth, funded by NG Companys.
There is nothing wrong with taking foriegn money for our NG as we use it to build our infrastructer..........after all.....we import their oil every day.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:05 PM
g17
Hooked on HuntingPa

“We are presently owned by a group of investors who don't think gas prices will ever go above $4 (per MCF),” Mr. McClendon was quoted as saying in a March 12 story. “I want to be owned by investors who live in a part of the world that believes gas prices will never go below $10.”
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 12:26 PM
LDD
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with exporting natural gas . We import oil????
If we export NG now, it will bring money into this country, this NG business. This money will help build infrastructer, pipelines, wells ..etc.....things to help this Country get switched over to useing our own energy.
As it stands now, their is no money to help with this.The Gov't is broke, NG prices in this Country are to low to supply enough money to build growth, funded by NG Companys.
There is nothing wrong with taking foriegn money for our NG as we use it to build our infrastructer..........after all.....we import their oil every day.
Yeah, I understand and appreciate what you are saying. My dad and I argue about this all the time. My problem with it is that the infrastructure that will be built is infrastructure to pipe it out of here, which will drive the price up for Americans, meanwhile, our own infrastructure in converting power plants and vehicles to natural gas are still on hold? I don't get what the hurry is to sell natural gas to our greatest global competitor, China. I think the current balance is great right now. We have jobs, drilling, hauling, support, gas is affordable and the industry is being safe. I'm very nationalistic on this subject. This is our resource and we should exploit it AT HOME first. It's not happenening and I can't understand why...oh wait, I can...it's not about energy independence at all or America, it's about global profits for global energy giants at the expense of the American people. That's my 2 cents on that one...

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

LDD hit the nail on the head.... Energy independence is what they sell he sheep. This country should be in overdrive in conversion to NG as a key fuel source. But remember your govt is owned by lobby groups and big industry, so their profits come before the countries needs..... Safe gas extraction, conversion to NG and other sustainable energy sources will give us more "energy independence" until then prep our children to fight some more Mid East wars to secure the corporate oil.....

Bradford County WMU3C
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Frequent Contributor

When the NG is exported it takes less infra structure. Take the NG from point A to B(via pipelines) then put onto ships and send it. Quicker return on their $'s. Now if NG was $10.00 then we would see less export and more domestic use. Return on investment rules.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page