wind mills - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

wind mills

We got a letter from a company called Acciona asking to talk about a right a way for there high transmission lines.(overhead or underground)Going from a windmill farm to a distribution substation. Anyone else have dealings with them?

Don't judge a man for what he has done but for what he has left behind...Hunts and lives in 3B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
The Man

Re: wind mills

i can tell you that when the put the wind mills on armenia mnt outside of troy last year, they had a meeting with the land owners. the wind mill company told them the transmission lines would be going under ground. this is what most people wanted.
then they put all the lines above ground.
turns out in there rol leases , there was a claus that said something to the effect of, if there were certain circumstances such as the ground being unsuiteable for under ground, they had the right to put them over head.
a lot of un happy people up there who felt they were tricked and that the wind mill company planned to do over head all along, just used smoke and mirrors to get leases signed.

just wanted to point that out in case it makes a differance to you weather it's above or under ground.

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Sage

I heard that they are not getting near enough electric to make it profitable for the company. It will be interesting to see how it goes from here.

wmu 3A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle
I heard that they are not getting near enough electric to make it profitable for the company. It will be interesting to see how it goes from here.
Free wind and they can't make a profit?

I think they should put some wind turbines in the Susqhehanna outside the Capitol. Should be enough "hot air" from our politicians to power the entire state.

"It only takes one person to care in order to get something changed." Bryan S.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Sage

They'd just use up any electricity generated, on their re-election campaigns...right there in their offices on computers and internet services we have to pay for.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Well we don't want overhead of course and not even sure about underground.They also stated in thier letter they don't use imendant domain.Buzz how many windmills are on Armenia? I have seen a bunch, but have heard there over 60
Still worries me how the gas companies are going to mess up are land don't need to worry about a power line also.

Don't judge a man for what he has done but for what he has left behind...Hunts and lives in 3B
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2010, 05:33 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

They don't generate enough power to be worth the eye sore, and they make the mountains spew mud when it rains.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:39 PM

Not to mention the bird kills. Wind turbines are not the answer to the energy problem.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 12:56 PM
Frequent Contributor

We have them here in Waymart but I think the lines are underground? Do those lines cause cancer like the big powerlines? Might be something to look into.

"Thunder Chickens Beware"
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2010, 11:18 PM
The Man

weston,
i'm not sure how many are up there, although i have heard the first group was around 60 , with a second group of simaler size going from there out toward blossburg.

i personally believe that all those over head lines would be ugly. i would want hem under ground if it were on or near my land. you still have the ROW cut through, but i would rather not see all the lines. it probly takes a lot of lines to gather from all thoise wind mills, then transfer the power out to market.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page