The next phase - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jimbridger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: kunkle, pa
Posts: 16,196
Back To Top
The next phase

Typically, oil and gas producers lease the mineral rights attached to properties where they want to drill for an upfront payment and a pledge to pay the owner a royalty, often around 15%, from proceeds of the extracted oil and gas. Chesapeake and KKR will seek to buy those mineral rights instead of leasing them, people familiar with the matter earlier told the Wall Street Journal.

http://www.smartmoney.com/news/on/?s...=TheMotleyFool

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
jimbridger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Sage
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 24,360
Back To Top
Re: The next phase

I wonder what price per acre is going to be when leased rights going for 1500 to 6K and reports of higher leases across the US?

wmu 3A
timberdoodle is offline  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
jimbridger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: kunkle, pa
Posts: 16,196
Back To Top
Re: The next phase

I see some people buying or attempting to buy rights in Wyoming Co. In the penny saver there is an ad asking if you would want your money up front instead of waiting on royalties. Just sell the rights for X number of $

Now for some older folks that already leased and the royalties are slow to show up in volumes that make a difference this can be the way to have your cake and eat it.

If gas companies can't survive and prosper off 80% of the gas I don't think getting the other 20% is going to make them much happier. Unless they get it on the cheap. Who better to know about how much over time it will be worth and try to get it with a low ball offer. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
jimbridger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome