seismic testing - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 01:44 PM Thread Starter
dce
Sage

seismic testing

I got a certified letter the other day from a gas company that wants to do siesmic testing on my property.Supposedly my neighbor is getting a well in the field right behind my barn.This will be right in line with my living room and I'm not enthusiastic about staring at a small city working 24 hours a day for a few months.At the same time,I don't want to do anything to deprive my neighbors from earning a large sum of money.I guess I just want to know what my rights are and if there's anything I can negotiate to get a piece of the pie for myself.I don't think I own my gas rights but I've never checked.I'm not a greedy person and I'm not against the drilling or against other people making money.However,A gas well in this location will be a huge inconvenience for my faimly for several months and I think that should be taken into consideration.I'm just not sure what I can do.I don't plan on being a jerk about it in any way.Just looking for advise I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 08:18 PM

Re: seismic testing

don't know why they would be doing seismic testing if you already know they are putting a well that close to your property.

They already did seismic testing in Clinton and Potter last year. Had a man/company come around and say it was going on and needed authorization to run the wires and sensors (no drilling or charges) across our (motherinlaw) ground. 2 weeks and they were done.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Seismic testing near a proposed well may be to find out about the contours of the shale below. I believe the drilling technology has advanced to the point that drillers have the ability to have the drill bit follow the shale contours underground. Helps maximize the production from the shale.

RLTW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Sage

This summer was the second 3 d seismic here and some wells are in and producing...

see OldMountains post!!

wmu 3A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page