royalties - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Sage

royalties

http://www.pennlive.com/editorials/i...e_lease_r.html

third of our state forest — 700,000 acres — is available for natural gas production. The commonwealth owns the mineral rights to 400,000 of those acres and will receive royalty payments from gas production there. Revenues are difficult to project because the market price of gas, the pace of drilling and other factors will affect the size and timing of receipts. But it’s likely that $100 million in royalty payments could flow annually to the commonwealth soon, and much more at peak production, before tailing off years from now

wmu 3A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: royalties

Timber, royalties are great!! The only issue with the State getting this $$ is it'll probably go into the general fund and get frittered away on Philly, Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, York, Scranton, etc. Guaranteed the PGC, PFBC and DCNR will only see a minute percentage of the funds.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Sage

I wouldn't expect the PGC or the PFBC to get funds, but certainly DCNR should share in the royalties...

As the article suggests I hope the State doesn't fritter the monies away...

wmu 3A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 07:43 PM
Frequent Contributor

I would thing the PGC and PFBC would receive all royalties on lands they own/manage; though I am sure the state would weasel in on it if they haven't already.

3D
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Sage

yep...I wouldn't want the PGC to split the royalties they receive from gamelands, should go right to Game fund; nor expect the State to share the royalties from State Forest with PGC.

wmu 3A
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 11:31 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

The difference between State forest lands and state game lands for me is the source of the funds to make the original purchase. State forest lands were generally bought with general fund money, therefore owned by the residents of Pennsylvania. State gamelands generally bought with license dollars or P-R funds, therefore owned by the PGC, representing the hunters of Pennsylvania.
DCNR royalties go to general fund. PGC royalties stay with the PGC.

I miss my hunting partner
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Looks like so far we're all in agreement with where the $$ should stay. The unfortunate part is common sense and right/wrong are absent from government. Guaranteed most, if not all of the $$ will be wasted on pork, cronyism and failed programs.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page