What would you do ?? What CAN be done ?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
The Man

What would you do ?? What CAN be done ??

I have a lease with 3 older 4"' shallow gaswells on my property.

A couple years ago, the lease was bought by a new company and everything was good for a while. Then they missed a month's royalty payment. It was included the month after that. But it was a month late. Sine then, there have been a couple two month periods they skipped, a 4 month period they skipped and currently they are 2 1/2 months behind. I always end up getting paid EVENTUALLY...……… But EVENTUALLY is not what the contact states. I started reading the meter about a year ago. So I know how much the wells are producing and that they are not "shut in".

I have called their main office on more than one occasion and get the same story...……...we can't pay royalties until WE get paid by the company we're selling your gas to. BALONEY !!! The lease is NOT a consignment agreement. It's an agreement to pay for gas extracted.

To call an attorney and get him involved at the cost of thousands of dollars would not be feasible considering all the more my royalty checks are for.

So, what, if anything can I do ?? Or am I just at the mercy of the gas company's willingness to pay or not pay ??

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:51 PM

is there minim amount that has to be reached before it paid? I have had the same thing from time to time always paid ,but the check would look like a monthly check but be for 2 or 3 months, also there is probably a shut in clause ,I thing it 2 months

"one hand clapping" mork from ork
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
The Man

No. This company does not utilize a minimum distribution. And I've been reading the meter...…….production is significantly above what would be a minimum distribution.

demokraten saugen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 07:32 PM

have you talked with the well tender??, guess you need to send a letter via lawyer, if I might ask what company is it?

"one hand clapping" mork from ork
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
The Man

I have talked to a well tender AND a guy who owns a gas company himself. These folks are known for this. This is the way this company rolls. It's ALL their lease holders that get paid whenever they feel like it.

Also, a fellow mentioned the situation to a lawyer who deals in gas issues a lot. In a nutshell...……… I'm at their mercy. So long as they pay up EVENTUALLY, there's not really anything I can do about it.

What's interesting is that, in one of my calls to this company, I asked them if they supplied house gas to consumers from wells that had a free gas allotment........which, of course, they do. Then I asked them if they sent those folks a bill if they went over their allotment...…..which, of course, they do. Finally, I asked them if the customer called them and said they would pay their bill when they got around to it in a couple or 4 months what would they tell that customer...……. You can figure out the rest...….. Double standard at its finest.

And, I am sure, if I went and shut in (turned off) the wells on my property, I'd be brought up on vandalism charges or criminal mischief or something...…...

demokraten saugen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page