New gas Lease?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

New gas Lease??

Was just contacted because our first gas lease is about to expire. Was trying to see what anyone else in the Indiana area has been getting recently? Going to be meeting with them in a couple weeks. I believe it is Chevron that owns our lease now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: New gas Lease??

Contact some of your neighbors and see when they are expiring, the more land, the more bargining power you'll have or what they recently got..... Also when you go to sign the new lease have a lawyer (who specializes in GAS leases) go over it. Put in any provisions you want to, (ie- a no drill clause, no pipelines, etc) Depends on what you want, I would also try to include the Pugh (sp?) clause, which states that if they tie up some part of your property in a drilling unit, they can't stop you from leasing the other part if the lease come up again. This will ensure you have a greater chance of seeing some royalties. The companies are sinking wells, capping them and locking the landowner in with no royalties (for the short term) at times because they can't drill fast enough and get the infrastructure in place in time before the leases end....good luck.

Bradford County WMU3C
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a bunch for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Sage

Seriously, you don't have to worry about negotiating anything. The gas companies are TOTALLY fair with landowners and do just what is needed to keep everyone happy. That wouldn't ever consider pulling the wool over a landowners eyes.

"It only takes one person to care in order to get something changed." Bryan S.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Big business is always worried about the public.....right???????

Bradford County WMU3C
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
Sage

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

I'm purty sure, from the ads down here, that Range Resources is the saviour of this state. I'm SURE of it. LOL

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 02:48 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My son bought 90 acres in Tioga County and built a home on it three years ago. It included a little over 100 acres of mineral rights, which he received after telling the owner no deal without the mineral rights. There was a ten acre lot and two one acre lots sold off it, so he figures he has the gas rights on those properties.

The lease was with Chesapeake and there are no restrictions on the lease, so he wanted to cancel it when the ten years expired. He contacted Chesapeake to cancel this lease, they informed him they had the right to extend it for 10 more years.

If you don't look out for yourself, there are a lot of parasites out there.

WMU 4C Lehigh County
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBROOKSJR
My son bought 90 acres in Tioga County and built a home on it three years ago. It included a little over 100 acres of mineral rights, which he received after telling the owner no deal without the mineral rights. There was a ten acre lot and two one acre lots sold off it, so he figures he has the gas rights on those properties.

The lease was with Chesapeake and there are no restrictions on the lease, so he wanted to cancel it when the ten years expired. He contacted Chesapeake to cancel this lease, they informed him they had the right to extend it for 10 more years.

If you don't look out for yourself, there are a lot of parasites out there.
there isnt anything he can do he bought the property under and subject to the lease the gas company did nothing wrong. IMHO

take a kid hunting and fishing it will keep them out of trouble
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 02:12 PM
Sage

Perhaps the gas company did nothing wrong, but, his son should see a lawyer at this stage, if the lease is up, and find out what his rights are.

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My contract is expiring in a few months and got an interesting call from one of the gas reps this morning. She said I was included in a new unit and asked a few questions about my deed. Also mentioned they had a neighbor sign off on some things as his deceased father was the previous owner of the property. She said they do a title search going back 150 years.

Stand up and be counted, join an outdoor sports organization
Life NRA,Life PTA,Annual SCI

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page