couple of impact articles - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-07-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Sage

couple of impact articles

A couple of impact articles from a paper that has not been a big supporter of gas wells in the past, but did a rather fair evaluation in this ongoing series..

http://www.rocket-courier.com/news/c...-growing-pains

http://206.130.115.105/news/content/...roads-industry

wmu 3A
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: couple of impact articles

Very good, the silent majority is finally interviewed. I deal with anti's daily and the amount of disinformation that is being quoted from the internet is staggering.
This is an industry that is trying and succeeding in doing things the right way.

WMU 2B
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Frequent Contributor

This was also in that same paper
http://www.rocket-courier.com/news/c...lead-poisoning

Don't judge a man for what he has done but for what he has left behind...Hunts and lives in 3B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I see no where in that article that she called and reported to DEP her findings and concerns. Also, the drilling companies have presumption unless they can prove otherwise....only getting half of the story here.....

WMU 2B
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Frequent Contributor

In todays local dailey paper,the Rocket comes out once a week.
Stroud criticized the state Department of Environmental Protection and Health Department for inaction after being alerted about the contamination problem. "It sickens me that nothing is being done,"

http://thedailyreview.com/news/bradf...ally-1.1158805

Don't judge a man for what he has done but for what he has left behind...Hunts and lives in 3B
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Frequent Contributor

What really gets me is how DEP can fine Chesapeak and settle on an agreement,for well water contamination.But the person or persons that are effected by it has to take them to court.(But then again thier are still people saying fracking does'nt contaminate water wells.)I do know fracking is a part of drilling and anyone who contaminates someones well should be held responsible.If you & I did it we would probably see jail time.

post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Sage

didn't that article state the well was NOT fracked???

wmu 3A
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Frequent Contributor

Yes you are right they have not fracked.

And as stated by the MR. Hall who visited her from Chesapeak said.
Its a common misconception that fracking is what contaminates well water. Its the actual drilling process that causes the first phase of water contamination. 

But does that matter,its contaminated.
Benchmark informed me they were direct contaminates of the natural gas industry.

And I would like to say and preach, its never been proven that building a pipeline or road to a gas well pad has ever contaminated someones water.

post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 07:51 PM
The Man

according to neighbors of the strouds, there has been barium in the wells in that area for years, long before the gas well was drilled.

mrs stroud is a hair dresser, not a expert on gas drilling,or geology. by that i mean , when she speaks to the press, she is a disgruntled home owner....make that a very mad home owner......she is not speaking as a expert, so it is not right to post articles of what she has said as being fact,relating to the cause. she only knows she has barium in her well, not how or when it got there.

i know mrs stroud and her husband...and son, and i consider them friends, so i am in no way bashing her/them, or what is going on with their well. i'm just saying that there are a lot of gray areas with this deal....it's not cut and dried ,caused by gas drilling

Your never to old to learn something stupid
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz
according to neighbors of the strouds, there has been barium in the wells in that area for years, long before the gas well was drilled.

mrs stroud is a hair dresser, not a expert on gas drilling,or geology. by that i mean , when she speaks to the press, she is a disgruntled home owner....make that a very mad home owner......she is not speaking as a expert, so it is not right to post articles of what she has said as being fact,relating to the cause. she only knows she has barium in her well, not how or when it got there.

i know mrs stroud and her husband...and son, and i consider them friends, so i am in no way bashing her/them, or what is going on with their well. i'm just saying that there are a lot of gray areas with this deal....it's not cut and dried ,caused by gas drilling
This is the case with most complaints and accusations about water well contamination and gas well drilling. Almost all of the cases have been proven false. This type of issue is a direct result of the poor state of water well data/regulation in PA. The water wells have been affected by methane or in this case barium for years, maybe since they were drilled, and the landowner never knew it or worse knew about it and now see a way of getting some money and a new water supply.

WMU 2B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page