Well, Barack Obama Wolf went and did it now.... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Well, Barack Obama Wolf went and did it now....

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/mc...0129-story.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 10:30 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Well, Barack Obama Wolf went and did it now....

I tried to tell everyone what was coming and so did many others, but my post got deleted. Must be some liberals at the helm here. and this is only the beginning
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappie-hunter
I tried to tell everyone what was coming and so did many others, but my post got deleted. Must be some liberals at the helm here. and this is only the beginning
If your post was deleted in the past 48hrs, it was due to a major server issue we experienced causing the loss of a full day's posts as noted by the global post RB made at the top of all forums.
If your post was deleted prior to that, then you broke one or more of our rules which you agreed to upon registering.

Thank you.

4C
Patron Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 12:01 PM

So did they ban more drilling or just the signing of new leases with the state? will they be able to drill on existing leases?

Gobble,Gobble,Gobble -> BANG
KingRon
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

I'm getting mixed signals from different, current articles on it. This one seems to be a bit more informative:

http://powersource.post-gazette.com/powe...es/201501290301

Appears right now they must honor existing leases or get sued (covers about 700,000 acres of state land) for breach of contract. Wolf's appointed a new liberal as DCNR Secretary, so she's his lacky, and all over this. Appears right now that he's gonna ban not just drilling leases, but fracking leases too, so they can't even drill next door to state land and go under to get it. The state loses huge incomes, including the PGC. You'll still see fracking in PA as there's only about 4 million acres of state land here, in a state of about 29 million acres. Most of that public land is in the Marcellus areas though. Jobs will be greatly reduced between this and the fall of fuel prices.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

The ban does not include SGLs.
Link to exec order:
exec order

The state actually does not own most of their mineral rights (PGC only 25% or so?). PA law is in favor of the mineral right owner (for now, as impact fees for drilling access to public lands have been floated in the past in the legislature) . Here is a link to a lenghly article explaining (I think this was published around the time of the rendell ban?):
history article

In my opinion you will see limited drilling in\under state parks at this time because there are many other "easy pickings" in the state and the negetive publicity it will cause the industry. State forests are a different story. Strictly my opinion.

Here is a brief article that kind of explains the "shell game" going on:
follow the $

I personally view the exec order as lip service to the enviromental supporters of Wolf. Much of the public land that could be leased has already been leased.

On the other hand, the appointment of Quigley to DEP secretary (if confirmed) could very well slow\ halt drilling public lands if the DEP permitting procedure (already lengthily) become more obtrusive. Quigley was not exactly a drill-baby-drill guy during his stint with the DCNR if I rember correctly.

Hope this helps give a little explanation?. Complex and controversial subject that I in no way claim to fully understand.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 02:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My question is this. Where is the legality of the executive order in regards to use? Its not the governors land, it's all of ours, maintained with tax money. Therefore, shouldn;t these isuse go through Congress?

I honestly don;t know what our state constitution says on this. I have yet to research the issue personally, but it is on my list.

RIP Tuff 98-11, So many hunts, so many good times!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-30-2015, 02:09 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by holedigger
I'm getting mixed signals from different, current articles on it. This one seems to be a bit more informative:

http://powersource.post-gazette.com/powe...es/201501290301
yep, pretty good explanation. Here is another from same source from last week that explains how also Wolf does not have the authority to ban, as the court recently ruled this is the responsibility of the DCNR. court ruling

So, I look at the court ruling as a parallel for the PGC; the PGC has the authority to lease or not (even though the ban did not include the SGLs). Ahhh, but if the DEP doesn't want to approve the permit????......
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 12:00 PM
RB
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4c_game_chaser
Quote:
Originally Posted by crappie-hunter
If your post was deleted in the past 48hrs, it was due to a major server issue we experienced causing the loss of a full day's posts as noted by the global post RB made at the top of all forums.
If your post was deleted prior to that, then you broke one or more of our rules which you agreed to upon registering.

Thank you.
Thanks for making folks aware of our issue on Wed 4C, I thought the global would handle it,guess not...

And crappie hunter thanks for the morning laugh...me liberal huh?? LOL. Yeah.. if you will excuse me I got go put on my Hillary2016 bumper stickers.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-31-2015, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB-HPA
you will excuse me I got go put on my Hillary2016 bumper stickers.
Have a Crappy day!

wmu 3A

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page